Home

MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #17
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2Kforlife
I think we can abandon hope that those player models will get the much-needed overhaul, such as new jerseys, pants, correct team colors and/or logo placements. It still looks okay, but in my view pretty outdated. Once I hoped they would take care of that, more or less, in the following versions after PS4 launch, but I guess this area of the game will stay untouched for always and ever.

I was just playing NBA 2K16 this morning and it's a night and day difference between the player models in NBA 2K16 and MLB The Show. If I never saw 2K16's players models I would be more then happy with how MLB The Shows player models look. I mean they are definitely not awful or anything but man once you see 2K16 models it really can make you kind of sad. Now having said that I almost can guarantee you that Sony is well aware how good 2K16 player models look and also realize MLB The Show player models need to be improved big time. Sony is building a master piece year by year and when the time is right we will get brand new next gen player models that rival 2K16! I mean think about it a lot of us have been asking for Open and Closed roofs and yes it took a long time but they are finally going to be in the game.

So I guess what I am saying to myself and everyone else is we just need to be a little patient and eventually your most wanted features will be added at some point.

As the old saying goes Rome was not build in one day
Old 12-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #18
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9
MLB The Show 16 Screenshots - Captured From the Trailer

I think improvements can be made to graphics every year but MLBTS15 is a great looking game to me.
I get the graphic comparisons to the other next gen sports games but to me, I don't think it's fair to compare NBA2k and Madden to The Show. I feel the detail to stadiums in a baseball game take up more graphic requirements than the other 2 sports games bc their stadiums aren't quite as detailed or play as big of part in the game as it does in MLBTS (numerous shots/angles of scoreboards, concession areas, and items beyond the outfield walls during plays and replays). Also you got the dirt, grass, day/night skies(which look awesome in replays!), and shadows that are typically in view on almost every play. That's a lot of detail right there and that's before you even get into players hair/faces, uniforms, and equipment.

With all that being said, the biggest leap graphically that I would like to see is in the players faces/hair, player models, and hopefully more uniform slots, which they are gonna need for all the Dbacks new unis

Of course, I'm no computer expert on memory requirements for all these graphics and such but as long as we are seeing improvements graphically from year to year, I think that is fair to us as consumers. Regardless, I'm ready for more info and the live streams. Got that Show '16 itch in full effect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by agentlaw13; 12-06-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I was just playing NBA 2K16 this morning and it's a night and day difference between the player models in NBA 2K16 and MLB The Show. If I never saw 2K16's players models I would be more then happy with how MLB The Shows player models look. I mean they are definitely not awful or anything but man once you see 2K16 models it really can make you kind of sad. Now having said that I almost can guarantee you that Sony is well aware how good 2K16 player models look and also realize MLB The Show player models need to be improved big time. Sony is building a master piece year by year and when the time is right we will get brand new next gen player models that rival 2K16! I mean think about it a lot of us have been asking for Open and Closed roofs and yes it took a long time but they are finally going to be in the game.

So I guess what I am saying to myself and everyone else is we just need to be a little patient and eventually your most wanted features will be added at some point.

Patient? People have been waiting three years to see better models and accurate jerseys. Only so much time bud but I get what you are saying. Bout time to poop or get off the pot though. This was a full year of dev time basically without many distractions. To see no improvements to unis and models is very very sad. This is a first party game that I assume gets decent budgeting.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #20
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
Patient? People have been waiting three years to see better models and accurate jerseys. Only so much time bud but I get what you are saying. Bout time to poop or get off the pot though. This was a full year of dev time basically without many distractions. To see no improvements to unis and models is very very sad. This is a first party game that I assume gets decent budgeting.
i think one issue is that they are still releasing ps3 versions of the game, so right there takes away devs to work on the ps4 version. if they stopped the ps3 game then every dev can all be focused on ps4 and development of things such as updated player models would come quicker.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
I do not see any improvement in graphics. Hope the game looks better once it comes out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen

You're optimistic about that. I am not anymore. They keep focussing on improving gameplay – which is always great, necessary and guaranteeing them stable sales figures. But they almost completely keep neglecting the area of artwork. PS4 models are almost 100% identical with PS3 models, only difference is the higher resolution. They could produce a so much better looking game, but that means work. Since the discontinuation of the MLB 2K series, there is no pressure anymore to compete. Which, in the end, is always bad for us consumers.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #23
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

I can state for a fact that competition (or lack thereof), has nothing to do with the direction the game takes from year to year. I mean really, think about that statement, and how much sense it doesn't make. As stated before, anyone is free to make an MLB game, but they've decided against it for whatever reason. That alone shows the passion SCEA has for baseball, to continue producing a game.

Sent from my htcONE (M8) | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 12-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #24
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
i think one issue is that they are still releasing ps3 versions of the game, so right there takes away devs to work on the ps4 version. if they stopped the ps3 game then every dev can all be focused on ps4 and development of things such as updated player models would come quicker.
I think this is probably a big issue. IMO, they shouldn't be releasing a PS3 version this year, the PS4 has been out for 2 years now. It's time to move on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »