Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included

FIFA 16 title update #5 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.

Four key areas of improvements:
  • Penalties and referee decisions
  • Passing
  • Defensive pressure
  • Player positioning
Quote:
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update.
  • Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, EA has made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Awesome! Looking forward to checking this out!

Seems like EA is just tuned into our Sliders forums, just piggy-backing off of our findings. I'm A-Okay with that
Old 12-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Inclu

Maybe 650,000 views does get someone's attention eh Matt?
Seriously though, I'm pretty happy to see that the dev team is still trying to improve the overall experience. As for the fixes, they sound like just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.

Last edited by orion523; 12-10-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

This seems like the biggest gameplay patch FIFA has ever seen. At least in terms of its focus on gameplay.

Very excited.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Whoa! Big news here ... and it *does* look like this will have a real effect with game play ...

So ... should I hold off on starting my career modes (again)?

The slider guys will need to re-converge on another slider set for v1.05?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #6
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Sigh ....back to the drawing board.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #7
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
Sigh ....back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Whoa! Big news here ... and it *does* look like this will have a real effect with game play ...

So ... should I hold off on starting my career modes (again)?

The slider guys will need to re-converge on another slider set for v1.05?

I refused patch 1.4 as I knew it would ruin all the slider work. I am still using patch 1.03 and its corresponding slider set. I am not going to download patches 1.4 and 1.5 until the slider team wraps its head around these gameplay changes.

Anyone doing this?

Last edited by Josam27o7; 12-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Maybe 650,000 views does get someone's attention eh Matt?
Seriously though, I'm pretty happy to see that the dev team is still trying to improve the overall experience. As for the fixes, they sound like just what the doctor ordered, we'll see.
Yeah, same here.

FWIW - and I know Orion and I see eye-to-eye - if we don't ever have to use sliders again, we'd be more than happy. Seems like EA is listening - let's hope they executed!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »