Home

Operation Sports Podcast #4: Perfect Golf Interview with Andrew Jones

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Podcast #4: Perfect Golf Interview with Andrew Jones within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Operation Sports Podcast #4: Perfect Golf Interview with Andrew Jones

Have not had time to listen to the podcast, but was the subscription issue with user created courses ever addressed? That could be a deal-breaker for many.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 12-15-2015, 02:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Have not had time to listen to the podcast, but was the subscription issue with user created courses ever addressed? That could be a deal-breaker for many.....
There is no final decision made about the pricing model. One thing seems to be clear though: there will not be yearly new releases of the game but ongoing development. So this monthly fee is meant to secure funds to further develop the game and to put additional features into the game.

For me that is much better than buying a game every year that is not backwards compatible.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
There is no final decision made about the pricing model. One thing seems to be clear though: there will not be yearly new releases of the game but ongoing development. So this monthly fee is meant to secure funds to further develop the game and to put additional features into the game.

For me that is much better than buying a game every year that is not backwards compatible.
That's fine, but you have two other Golf games releasing updates for free (only one update for TGC has been a paid DLC - $10.00), so until I see their console release price, I remain very skeptical.....

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That's fine, but you have two other Golf games releasing updates for free (only one update for TGC has been a paid DLC - $10.00), so until I see their console release price, I remain very skeptical.....
Yeah, that may be right, but TGC is no option for me cause the swing mechanic is way too easy. There is where Perfect Golf shines. The complexity of the motion swing requires skill - and it produces almost endless possible ballflights. As near to the real thing i have ever seen.

It's a risk to ask for a monthly fee to access all elements of the game - but for me it's no question that i'm in. The gameplay is so much better than everything i have played before - and it is just the beginning of a process. I back the devs up. Because they are passionate golfers that create a golf game.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
Yeah, that may be right, but TGC is no option for me cause the swing mechanic is way too easy. There is where Perfect Golf shines. The complexity of the motion swing requires skill - and it produces almost endless possible ballflights. As near to the real thing i have ever seen.

It's a risk to ask for a monthly fee to access all elements of the game - but for me it's no question that i'm in. The gameplay is so much better than everything i have played before - and it is just the beginning of a process. I back the devs up. Because they are passionate golfers that create a golf game.
Agree with you on TGC being too easy. Also seems each new update, new swing issues come up.

I am waiting for console, so I hope it remains a challenging game to play.....

The Golf Club 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »