Home

Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (12-10-15)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (12-10-15) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (12-10-15)

Brock's play fake is really good. He gets the camera guy every week on play action, his PA rating deserves a big bump

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Looks like we will not see a change in the ratings philosophy anytime soon.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #19
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (12-10-15)

They are making Cam Newton into something he is not, a great QB. Don't get me wrong he is one of the most dangerous weapons in the game and is a frontrunner for the MVP, but that is because of what he does to extend a play. 16th in the NFL in passing yards and 28th in completion % is not a 97 OVR QB with 88 accuracy.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Brock's play fake is really good. He gets the camera guy every week on play action, his PA rating deserves a big bump
His arm strength deserves to go down though. One of the biggest myths in football is the "Big QB, Big arm" assumption.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
They are making Cam Newton into something he is not, a great QB. Don't get me wrong he is one of the most dangerous weapons in the game and is a frontrunner for the MVP, but that is because of what he does to extend a play. 16th in the NFL in passing yards and 28th in completion % is not a 97 OVR QB with 88 accuracy.
Obviously yards have nothing to do with his performance - he's in a run heavy offense. As far as accuracy, you can't cite completion percentage, there's an obvious bias in the stat for short passers and conservative offenses in general, which Cam is not in. Also he's probably been in the top 5 for best players for the past 6 weeks now. 97 is fair, especially with how well he's been grading in PFF's system (which madden uses to some extent) and the MVP likely coming his way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #22
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Obviously yards have nothing to do with his performance - he's in a run heavy offense. As far as accuracy, you can't cite completion percentage, there's an obvious bias in the stat for short passers and conservative offenses in general, which Cam is not in. Also he's probably been in the top 5 for best players for the past 6 weeks now. 97 is fair, especially with how well he's been grading in PFF's system (which madden uses to some extent) and the MVP likely coming his way
I am not sure who determines this top 5 for best players as each week you could pick one of about a dozen guys to receive that honor. You can't cite completion percentage for accuracy?? That is the whole point of completion percentage, it is a measure of a QB's accuracy. The only bias it has, is towards QB's who can complete passes. Let's compare him to the other 4 QB's from the top 5 rushing teams in the NFL, all teams that run a gameplan very similar to Carolina:

1. R. Wilson - 68.8%
2. T. Birdgewater - 65.3%
3. T. Taylor - 63.5%
4. J. Winston - 58.4%

Cam is a tremendous all around a weapon, but as an actual QB he is middle of the pack.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I am not sure who determines this top 5 for best players as each week you could pick one of about a dozen guys to receive that honor. You can't cite completion percentage for accuracy?? That is the whole point of completion percentage, it is a measure of a QB's accuracy. The only bias it has, is towards QB's who can complete passes. Let's compare him to the other 4 QB's from the top 5 rushing teams in the NFL, all teams that run a gameplan very similar to Carolina:

1. R. Wilson - 68.8%
2. T. Birdgewater - 65.3%
3. T. Taylor - 63.5%
4. J. Winston - 58.4%

Cam is a tremendous all around a weapon, but as an actual QB he is middle of the pack.
Okay, I think its a fact that shorter passes = higher completion percentage. Cam is going deep a ton, combine with the drops. I haven't seen nearly as many straight out bad passes from him this year.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Okay, I think its a fact that shorter passes = higher completion percentage. Cam is going deep a ton, combine with the drops. I haven't seen nearly as many straight out bad passes from him this year.
Cam is tied for 13th in passing plays over 20 yards. He is tied for 11th in passing plays over 40 yards. Again he is middle of the pack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »