Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 05:33 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

Released last week for PC users, FIFA 16 title update #5 is available now for PlayStation 4 users. Check out the details below.

The update is scheduled to arrive for Xbox One soon, but an exact release date was not specified.

UPDATE: (12-17) The update is available now for Xbox One users.

Four key areas of improvements:
  • Penalties and referee decisions
  • Passing
  • Defensive pressure
  • Player positioning
Quote:
With that, we are announcing and deploying a number of changes to make FIFA 16 more balanced and responsive in gameplay. These changes are in addition to tuning to passing featured in the last update.
  • Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
  • Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
  • Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
  • Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
  • Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
In addition to the above, EA has made minor changes to attribute boosts provided by Chemistry in FIFA Ultimate Team, which affects passing, interceptions, and long shots.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

Nice update! CPU teams finally pass the ball with intention to attack and take risk instead of just playing keep away. I also noticed the refereeing logic is somewhat improved and they allow me to make tackles and generally counter the CPU's more freeflowing offensive mindset by letting me play defense. This all definitely makes the game more open and fun. It's incredibly enjoyable at times.

One area of improvement tho. The CPU still has an insane passing accuracy. It's still impossible to get them below 91% accuracy. This combined with how they're now willing to take risk turns some of their attacks into unstoppable Barça like attacks. I just played Burnley with Arsenal and they had a gorgeous possession of 17 straight passes that ended with a through ball to their striker sitting wide open in the box and finishing. They ended up with a 96% accuracy on the game. This would be pretty realistic if I was playing Barcelona, but I'm not.

Overall the game plays much smoother and free flowing and it's a great step up from before the update. But there's still some work to be done on how comfortable CPU players are dribbling and passing the ball around despite their positions (even goalies) and skills suggesting they shouldn't be able to. Also, the CPU still does a terrible job recognizing when they should just clear the ball out.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #3
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm curious about opinions on foul frequency post-patch. My sample size is small at this point, but it seems any foul by the cpu is rare.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Linx
Nice update! CPU teams finally pass the ball with intention to attack and take risk instead of just playing keep away. I also noticed the refereeing logic is somewhat improved and they allow me to make tackles and generally counter the CPU's more freeflowing offensive mindset by letting me play defense. This all definitely makes the game more open and fun. It's incredibly enjoyable at times.

One area of improvement tho. The CPU still has an insane passing accuracy. It's still impossible to get them below 91% accuracy. This combined with how they're now willing to take risk turns some of their attacks into unstoppable Barça like attacks. I just played Burnley with Arsenal and they had a gorgeous possession of 17 straight passes that ended with a through ball to their striker sitting wide open in the box and finishing. They ended up with a 96% accuracy on the game. This would be pretty realistic if I was playing Barcelona, but I'm not.

Overall the game plays much smoother and free flowing and it's a great step up from before the update. But there's still some work to be done on how comfortable CPU players are dribbling and passing the ball around despite their positions (even goalies) and skills suggesting they shouldn't be able to. Also, the CPU still does a terrible job recognizing when they should just clear the ball out.
This sounds good, thanks for posting your impressions. I'm stuck at work, dying to play FIFA.

What level are you playing on? I'd agree that the passing %s are too high (both user and CPU), but I rarely see them over 90% and never as high as 96%. Usually I'm around 82-83% and they're always a few points better than that, 85-86%.

I've also not really had issues with CPU clearances. If anything they usually just kick it laterally out of bounds instead of trying to play it into my backfield, but I seldom pick their pocket for cheap goals in or around the box.

Really looking forward to trying the patch, thanks again for the info.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Eight games in I'm pretty disappointed with the patch. While the nuts and bolts gameplay changes are good, fouls have become far too scarce. Didn't see the cpu commit one yellow card offense in eight matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Eight games in I'm pretty disappointed with the patch. While the nuts and bolts gameplay changes are good, fouls have become far too scarce. Didn't see the cpu commit one yellow card offense in eight matches.
Which difficulty are you playing on? I've just finished my first match after the patch, 36 min. in CPU commited 2 yellow cards, both of which were pushing in the back. Actually it's first time I've seen CPU was penalized with a card for that
Old 12-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Which difficulty are you playing on? I've just finished my first match after the patch, CPU commited 2 yellow cards, both of which were pushing in the back. Actually it's first time I've seen CPU was penalized with a card for that
Playing on WC. Now seeing fouls and cards. Seems that the timing window/fidelity is increased now in and around cpu defenders. You have more time and space and can get closer in on them before they'll go after you and have a chance at committing a foul.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

C'mon for XBox!

I thought this was going to be a Tuesday event for sure.

What's going on here?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »