Home

FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Title Update #5 Available For PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
This sounds good, thanks for posting your impressions. I'm stuck at work, dying to play FIFA.

What level are you playing on? I'd agree that the passing %s are too high (both user and CPU), but I rarely see them over 90% and never as high as 96%. Usually I'm around 82-83% and they're always a few points better than that, 85-86%.

I've also not really had issues with CPU clearances. If anything they usually just kick it laterally out of bounds instead of trying to play it into my backfield, but I seldom pick their pocket for cheap goals in or around the box.

Really looking forward to trying the patch, thanks again for the info.
It might be a difficulty issue. I play on legendary. From what I experienced pre update the CPU got more risk averse on higher difficulties. I'm used to playing against teams that safely pass it around at 90%. That's why it surprised me to see the CPU take risks at even better accuracy.

This link is the pic of that Burnley game. It's in dutch, pass accuracy is at the bottom.
http://imgur.com/TVTlzI9

For the record: This might've been an outlier, but still the pass accuracy is something that needs to be worked on.

Other things I've noticed are
- teammates put themselves in better positions to get the ball. This made the game a lot smoother for me.
- CPU is less hesitant in their dribbles and that's for the better since it means you can be rewarded for anticipating their movements and timing your tackle. Before the update you often anticipated for nothing because they just dribbled backwards or passed it back the moment they felt you were close to getting the ball.
- Small sample size, but refereeing seems better. Less ticky tacky fouls on the CPU called.

All in all the game just feels better. The game is more up and down resembling real football instead of it feeling like I'm playing a hypercalculating robotic CPU. There's still improvements to be made, but I feel the game got much better.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #10
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

i really don't like this patch. the CPU is averaging nearly 70% possession and close to perfect passing percentages. I think its time for me to stop playing FIFA for good.

I may start a new CM just to test, but i doubt i'll see any difference.

To add. the CPU does not get affected stamina wise by high pressing at all. at least in my experience.

Last edited by LionsFanNJ; 12-15-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Still no update for XBox?

Are we thinking that, if it is not available by now, it is not coming today?

I thought Microsoft stuff usually came on Tuesdays.

Am I going to have to wait another week?

Womp womp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #12
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Linx
It might be a difficulty issue. I play on legendary. From what I experienced pre update the CPU got more risk averse on higher difficulties. I'm used to playing against teams that safely pass it around at 90%. That's why it surprised me to see the CPU take risks at even better accuracy.

This link is the pic of that Burnley game. It's in dutch, pass accuracy is at the bottom.
http://imgur.com/TVTlzI9

For the record: This might've been an outlier, but still the pass accuracy is something that needs to be worked on.

Other things I've noticed are
- teammates put themselves in better positions to get the ball. This made the game a lot smoother for me.
- CPU is less hesitant in their dribbles and that's for the better since it means you can be rewarded for anticipating their movements and timing your tackle. Before the update you often anticipated for nothing because they just dribbled backwards or passed it back the moment they felt you were close to getting the ball.
- Small sample size, but refereeing seems better. Less ticky tacky fouls on the CPU called.

All in all the game just feels better. The game is more up and down resembling real football instead of it feeling like I'm playing a hypercalculating robotic CPU. There's still improvements to be made, but I feel the game got much better.
I'm sure the difficulty plays a part, but I totally agree it should be in the 70% range, with 80% being an outstanding performance.

I love to hear that the positioning is so much better. I've always felt like sometimes my teammates are hiding behind defenders, basically refusing to find space to make themselves available for a pass. One of my biggest gripes actually, really stoked if they've improved that aspect of the game.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #13
Rookie

nerd_rock's Arena

OVR: 0

Anybody try the patch with pro clubs yet? I'm stuck at work. From some of the reports I'm afraid that it's going to go back to through balls/lobbed throughs without any build up play, just like fifa15
Old 12-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #14
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

Build up play has been scaled back considerably. I know people were complaining about the CPU passing the ball around in their own half, but that's real football. Now in this new patch the CPU can slice through your midfield like a hot knife through butter. Occasionally you'll get an interception but I think complaints have made the game less realistic now.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #15
Rookie

aparks87's Arena

OVR: 3

This game has been ruined. Cpu runs n guns all game while not being affected by stamina. No fouls. ( not called at least) Passes and shots are all rockets. Game speed tuned up considerably. Wtf EA...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #16
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll ask since I know it will come up.

Does this work with already started Career Modes?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »