Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Thanks for all the info alholbert. I'm an offline guy so i'm incredibly excited for a large roster and event mode. Can't wait to play with guys like El Cucuy, Barboza, Bermudez, Cejudo, Sterling, Magny, etc.

-Any word on if there will be a demo this year?
-Any word on arenas in this years game?
-Any cool little tidbits you can share like post-fight interviews or anything extra like that?
I cant answer the other two yet but there are two new arenas in this years game.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can u say anything about having the options to do a walk off ko or throw a few strikes on the ground after knocking ur opponent out? Also with caf will bruce buffer say the caf entire name or just last name like ea ufc 1
Old 12-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braydon4711
Can u say anything about having the options to do a walk off ko or throw a few strikes on the ground after knocking ur opponent out? Also with caf will bruce buffer say the caf entire name or just last name like ea ufc 1
Cant speak on CAF details yet.

The KO option was in UFC 1. You can chose to KO someone and not follow them to the ground if you dont want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #12
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions: Gamechangers Event 2

Hopefully CM Punk can be used in the welterweight and middleweight division.....

Old 12-16-2015, 03:12 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just put EA UFC 1 back in the xbox after a year+ and it reminded me of some of the Pro AI's eccentricities. Played Nick Diaz against Pro Robbie Lawler and Machida against Pro Rumble.

From your visit, did you observe the AI throwing out combos when you're not even close to them? Is it still fairly easy to submit the Pro AI?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #14
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Can you speak about walk outs/authentic songs for some fighters?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
Can you speak about walk outs/authentic songs for some fighters?
I dont think I can. One, I'm not sure the music is finished and two, that wasnt really something I was focusing on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Just put EA UFC 1 back in the xbox after a year+ and it reminded me of some of the Pro AI's eccentricities. Played Nick Diaz against Pro Robbie Lawler and Machida against Pro Rumble.

From your visit, did you observe the AI throwing out combos when you're not even close to them? Is it still fairly easy to submit the Pro AI?
Here is the issue with this question. In UFC 1, it took me a few months to become good enough at the submission game to consistently get submissions. Even now, I wouldnt say I can get submissions "easy" on Pro. It depends on who I'm using and how I am fighting.

With that said, I was playing on Hard and I wasnt getting submissions easily. The grappling system is different so setting up submissions feels different. You really have to think. In UFC 1, I felt like I could get to full mount rather easily with most fighters, wear down the CPU with punches and then go for an armbar or other submission. I never thought getting the actual submission was easy but I thought getting a dominant position was too easy. If the CPU tried to transition while on bottom, I found blocking transitions to be easy. I actually had to make house rules up (like if my transition is blocked I have to wait 3 seconds before trying another one) so that the ground game wouldnt be as easy.

In UFC 2, I have to gameplan what I want to do and thats slows the pace down. If I attack wildly with strikes from the top, there is a chance that I could get caught with an arm trap or swept or lose my position. I have to be equally aware about what I'm doing and what the CPU is trying to do. If I spam sub attempts and dont set them up, the cpu will transition and I will lose my advantage.

Now once I've successfully attempted a submission, the game feels similar to UFC 1 but it wasnt like I was submitting the CPU no matter who I used. For example, I had top control with a WW striker against a WW BJJ practitioner and kept top control for like a minute by pretty much grappling very conservatively. I think I was in half guard and I went for arm triangle just to see if I could sub him. I didnt have a chance. After the failed attempt, the CPU transitioned, eventually took my back and subbed me easily.

Now, subs may get easier the more I play the game and I didnt play with guys like Maia so maybe they are easier with a guy like him....but I didnt find them easy.

Regarding the strikes, I cant remember. Thats something I'll look for next time I play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »