Home

Project CARS Patch 7.0 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Project CARS Patch 7.0 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
Is this game more like GT/Forza or more like Driveclub?
On a scale of realism from lowest to highest, this it the general consensus give or take due to personal preference:

Driveclub – Forza/GT – Project Cars – iRacing/Asseto Corsa

I’m personally finding it surprisingly forgiving giving its sim reputation. The fact it focuses on racing cars means to you get a lot of high downforce cars that handle the road very well but are rewarding to drive. I’ve played a lot of Forza and that game was always challenging because of the cars tendency to be extremely tail happy (without assists) almost to the point of exageration. The step up isn’t as much as I expected going to Project Cars but I don’t think it’s as well setup for the controller as Forza which has always been exceptional in that regard, so there is an extra layer to consider as the controls might make it harder than the physics would dictate. On a wheel though its top notch.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:27 AM   #10
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Project CARS Patch 7.0 Available For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

If you're going to play Project cars you better be a fan of racing games. By that i mean if you just want to run 3 lap races don't waste your time. My tires are not even warmed up in 3 laps. Where this game shines is in the longer races. I have this game for both consoles and I've barely touched the career mode. I just set up solo races against the A.I. ( which are some of the best A.I. I've raced against) and I do a least 15 lap races, usually more. I like to start at the back of the pack, I run with 19 A.I. cars. Some races I can work my way to 1st place, others I fight just to stay in 17th place. It depends on the car and track. This game is about real racing and it's edge of your seat racing as well once you get the A.I. difficulty set to match your skill level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »