Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #9
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay &

Audio: Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan return, no surprise there. But on another note, Bruce Buffer's fighter announcements are taken from actual broadcasts.

Love love LOVE this! Will go a huge way in making main events feel like actual main events! He always lacked his enthusiasm and very happy that this is changed. Looking forward to everything else mentioned as well
Old 12-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay &

The one thing I'm wondering about the Buffer recordings: There have to be some fighters who have only been on cards with Andy Friedlander as ring announcer, right? Would they all be below the level of who's in the game? I'm too lazy to check who's been on which cards and so on. I was thinking Alexandra Albu would be one, but it looks like Buffer did the Krakow card, so who knows...
Old 12-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Is Punk gonna be announced by his real life name (was just about to google that actually) or by his ring name?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Is Punk gonna be announced by his real life name (was just about to google that actually) or by his ring name?

I believe it's CM Punk but I could be wrong. I didn't use him when I played the game but he was listed as CM Punk in the menu.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
The one thing I'm wondering about the Buffer recordings: There have to be some fighters who have only been on cards with Andy Friedlander as ring announcer, right? Would they all be below the level of who's in the game? I'm too lazy to check who's been on which cards and so on. I was thinking Alexandra Albu would be one, but it looks like Buffer did the Krakow card, so who knows...

I wouldn't be surprised if they have or had Buffer come in the studio for some of those names he hasn't announced yet.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:32 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

A while back Dana White said that he'd be fighting under the name CM Punk, but things could have changed.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:48 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I wouldn't be surprised if they have or had Buffer come in the studio for some of those names he hasn't announced yet.
Well, sure, but that makes them lesser now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
Well, sure, but that makes them lesser now.

Not necessarily. People act as if Buffer gets excited for every fighter. He doesn't. He's subdued as he can be during the prelims and for new fighters. So even if he is subdued in the studio it won't be much of a difference from real life when t comes to lesser known fighters.

My issue with UFC 1 was that he didn't get excited for the fighters he usually gets excited for and some of them were just wrong. They call Conor...Conor "the notorious" mcgregor in UFC 1. That's just wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »