Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay & More

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay & More within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay &

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not necessarily. People act as if Buffer gets excited for every fighter. He doesn't. He's subdued as he can be during the prelims and for new fighters. So even if he is subdued in the studio it won't be much of a difference from real life when t comes to lesser known fighters.

My issue with UFC 1 was that he didn't get excited for the fighters he usually gets excited for and some of them were just wrong. They call Conor...Conor "the notorious" mcgregor in UFC 1. That's just wrong.
Yeah, everyone was Firstname Nickname Lastname, IIRC, regardless of real life preference. Did that get fixed from what you saw?

As far as my half-joke about the fighters w/ canned intros being lesser, I did think that one of the best things about the presentation of the first game was using real in-fight announcing clips.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Hands-On Impressions (MMAJunkie) - CM Punk Confirmed, Gameplay &

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
Yeah, everyone was Firstname Nickname Lastname, IIRC, regardless of real life preference. Did that get fixed from what you saw?

As far as my half-joke about the fighters w/ canned intros being lesser, I did think that one of the best things about the presentation of the first game was using real in-fight announcing clips.
They sounded better but it was hard to get a real read on it because there was a lot of noise in the studio.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

It would be neat if there were two Buffer calls for each fighter, one for big fights and one for small ones.

And like 20 for Conor and Jones since I feel like I'll be seeing them a lot.
Old 12-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #20
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

What great news for the roster! There are so many fighters I will really enjoy using for the first time.

I also hope there are a decent amount of legends like Liddell, Franklin, Florian and Gracie

Hopefully Patrick Coté will be in!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »