Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.06 Out Now, Adds TPC Stadium Course at PGA West

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.06 Out Now, Adds TPC Stadium Course at PGA West within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #17
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.06 Out Now, Adds TPC Stadium Course at PGA W

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
How many playable courses are there now on this game?
I think this one makes 17, and Oakmont will be #18.

I downloaded the TPC Stadium Course at PGA West last night, and I'm looking forward to giving it a go this evening!

Edit: I still can't believe Pebble Beach didn't make the course list. That course has been in just about every golf game in the last 20 years. Haha. It would look stunning on PS4 too, so hopefully we'll get it for the next one!
Old 01-19-2016, 11:54 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am very happy about quality of the courses, details, realism in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. The game is still unfinished but I hope all will be there soon... because the rest is very nice !
Old 01-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr13
Has anyone checked to see where it shows up on the Career Mode schedule?
I just started a new tour and it was the first tournament on the PGA tour. I believe the Career Builder Challenege.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #20
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
This game is beautiful, but not matter how much I try the swing tempo does not feel "natural" to me. The best way for me to describe it is...it too flicky.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #21
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
This game is beautiful, but not matter how much I try the swing tempo does not feel "natural" to me. The best way for me to describe it is...it too flicky.
This sums it up for me pretty much. I feel like I'm swinging really fast and still getting "slow swing" feedback every time. I'm sure I'll adjust, but it just feels off to me, and I'm desperately trying to overlook it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #22
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.06 Out Now, Adds TPC Stadium Course at PGA W

Playing this course shows a glaring issue with Rory.

One of the difficulties of this course is finding a flat spot to land your tee ball.

The fairways are very undulating. Rory captures that but not the penal nature of the next shot.

I would knock a drive out there and go oh no, I left myself a sidehill lie.

Then it would make no difference to ball flight or club selection. To such a degree I then just ignored where I hit it off the tee other than hitting it to a safe place in the short grass. But downhill uphill sidehill, none of that matters unlike real life.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
This sums it up for me pretty much. I feel like I'm swinging really fast and still getting "slow swing" feedback every time. I'm sure I'll adjust, but it just feels off to me, and I'm desperately trying to overlook it.
IMO, it takes a pretty fair amount of practice as I felt the same way when the game first came out, but now I much closer to mastering the swing than before. Rory's swing is so much more challenging to me than that other game, but I also realize opinions vary.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 01-19-2016, 07:05 PM   #24
Rookie

MGOBLUE321's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgee
"On another note, the team has been working on an unannounced feature, which is scheduled to arrive when the next course is released, possibly even sooner. "

So what was the unannounced feature?
Where did you find this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »