Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
EA Sports UFC 2 Features 2 Playable Versions of Mike Tyson

The EA Sports UFC 2 mystery fighter has been revealed. For those of you that pre-order the game, you will get Day 1 access to Iron Mike Tyson, the youngest Heavyweight Champion in boxing history, as well as a Legacy version, complete with face tattoo. Check out the trailer here.

For those of you not interested in pre-ordering, you can unlock Mike Tyson by making it to the Hall of Fame in career mode.

This pre-order offer also includes UFC Hall of Famer Bas Rutten and "The Gracie Hunter" Kazushi Sakuraba. EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with a closed beta launching on January 28.

Let us know what you think!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Mike Tyson is EA UFC 2's Mystery Fighter

Love the 2 versions of Tyson. Really looking forward to KO mode with him.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Seeing that makes me want a new Fight Night even more.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Eh, could be fun to mess around with. Hopefully his stats are about what they should be, with awful ground game and kicks but great punches.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Glad they got the cut off hoody version in.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #6

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

This seals my pre order. Pretty awesome. He looks damn good.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, saw this announced and I'm just completely amazed, and not in a good way.

The first obvious reason is a boxer belongs in an MMA game about as much as a football player belongs in a baseball game. We've seen what happens to a boxer in the octagon dating back to the first few UFC's, and Randy Couture vs. James Toney. At least Bruce Lee somewhat made sense because his Jeet Kune Do philosophy of eclectic training and adapting somewhat fits the idea of combining arts to what MMA is today.

Second, the legacy of Tyson in popular culture is completely overrated. He cleaned up a heavyweight division that was similar to today. A lot of alphabet belts, no real dominance, not a ton of interest. King setting up fights to gain interest and knockouts was the true 'genius' of his legacy. His claim to fame is knocking out a guy fighting above his true weight class in Spinks. In the end, never fought Bowe in his prime, when he got out of jail Holyfield beat him twice, and Lewis beat him when they were both past their prime.

Finally, the revisionist reverence about Tyson today is completely odd. He was in a Hangover movie, and a documentary, now Dana White and others want to praise him. Uh, does anyone remember that this psychopath raped someone, used to beat his wife, bit someone's ear off in the ring, and has a criminal record a mile long? Teddy Atlas once put a gun to Tyson's head when he started training after he groped his 11 year old relative.

Everyone wants to act like he's a big teddy bear now and pat him on the back and Dana White gives him lifetime front row seats, but he's still as angry and psycho as ever. Even just a year plus ago when a Canadian reporter asked about his past you can see him snap back into his usual rage filled psycho rant form.

If Zuffa wanted him to be in there, that's fine, I don't blame EA if they were told to do it. But if the developers thought it was a good idea, they should be ashamed. It's pathetic this psychopath rapist child beater is being promoted for a sport he's never even competed in.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:42 PM   #8
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Open-source well said. Similarly I was having a conversation with friends last night about Mike Vick and how people seem to completely forgive and forget his past actions. As the saying goes "time forgives (or foegets) all". Tyson's actions were so far in the past that people either forget or just weren't around back then to care.

As it pertains to this game, however, it does seem like a odd choice. I guess if you are just going to stand up it works but what can you do with Tyson once his opponent takes him down? He'Lloyd be fun to play with when playing with friends, me and my friends typically just slug it out, but other than that he is a bit out of place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »