Home

WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked On

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked On within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked On

An Update on the WWE 2K16 Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

For those of you having issues with Universe Mode save files, after purchasing the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack released yesterday, 2K and the development team have created a patch to resolve the issues.

While no release date on the fix has been announced, they are working with Sony and Microsoft to have it released as quicky as they possibly can. Check out the details below on the fixes that will come from the upcoming patch.
  • WWE Universe changes will now save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title
  • Users who did not previously install the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack and install Patch 5 before installing the DLC should not encounter any issues in WWE Universe
  • Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting will not be able to recover their exact pre-Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state. Ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, and Championship changes that were previously set will not be restored automatically. All impacted items can be manually readjusted. Additionally, affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.

UPDATE: (1-30) 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars pack.

Quote:
    As the development team continues working on the patch fix for the Universe Mode save issue connected to the Future Stars Pack, we wanted to offer an update for the weekend.

1) We are imminently pulling the Future Stars Pack DLC from the Xbox One and Xbox 360 digital stores. We will restore the DLC pack once the patch fix is ready for release. When we have a release date and time for the patch fix, we will let the community know as soon as possible.

2) We are exploring removal of the Future Stars Pack DLC from the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 digital stores. Again, we will update the community on the patch fix release date and timing, as well as DLC availability on the digital stores.

We are temporarily removing the Future Stars Pack to prevent further players from losing saved data in Universe Mode. If you have already downloaded the Future Stars Pack, you can continue using its content in WWE 2K16.
Source - 2K
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #2
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: An Update on the WWE 2K16 Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode

Sweet. Hopefully it's in a timely manner.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Glad I didn't download it yet. This is probably the least relevant patch to me anyway, although I do like Samoa Joe. They delay the Showcase pack and I'll be bummed.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:02 PM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked O

Just updated the OP. 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack from digital stores.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #5
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack Causes Issues with Universe Mode, Patch Being Worked O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just updated the OP. 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack from digital stores.
They waited nearly four full days before pulling it, while heavily promoting it on social media at the same time. That's skeevy as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #6
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't get a ton of playing time so I haven't started a universe yet. But I did download the pack. Am I ok or should I Uninstall it?
Old 01-31-2016, 04:02 PM   #7
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefunk
I don't get a ton of playing time so I haven't started a universe yet. But I did download the pack. Am I ok or should I Uninstall it?
If you aren't starting a Universe yet I would just wait for the patch to come out, but if you are using default stuff (titles, shows, etc) you should be able to actually just play a Universe as normal.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 01-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #8
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

So they removed it from one system and not other???

And I'd/led the dlc and I'm playing my universe and have played with Joe and the tag teams and I don't see any issues my universe is playing just like it did before the dlc.

I'm on ps4 so anybody else d/l it and not having any issues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »