Home

Mike Wang Explains the Art of Perfecting Your Jumper in NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Explains the Art of Perfecting Your Jumper in NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How To Shoot The Perfect NBA 2K16 Jumper (According to 2K Sports' Gameplay Direct

So does this apply for MyPark and PROAM as well?
Old 02-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

Re: How To Shoot The Perfect NBA 2K16 Jumper (According to 2K Sports' Gameplay Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Good article and a worthwhile read even if only to get confirmation of what one has concluded from personal anecdotal experience.

Very much like how we can get shot feedback without the meter being on.

Hope that, in 2K17 we might get separate control of meter for free throws. I like to play w/o meter, but like meter for free throws.

Many players have bizarre free throw shooting strokes and one doesn't get nearly as much opportunity to shoot free throws with any particular player. And there isn't a way to specifically practice free throws.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Good article and a worthwhile read even if only to get confirmation of what one has concluded from personal anecdotal experience.

Hope that, in 2K17 we might get separate control of meter for free throws. I like to play w/o meter, but like meter for free throws.

Many players have bizarre free throw shooting strokes and one doesn't get nearly as much opportunity to shoot free throws with any particular player. And there isn't a way to specifically practice free throws.
Totally agree on your point. I will say. Even when I'm looking at the meter during free throws. With bad shooters. I'm going to have bad results. Even if I hit a green release. I've missed so many green releases at the FT line. I love it!! And it's usually with Jordan, Howard, Rondo and guys that can't shoot lol. Most probably won't agree.

But the article is great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
Banned

Cranny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl

Having the shot meter on feedback only is so clutch. When I first got the game, I actually watched the jump shot video in the main menu options but quickly abandoned only looking at the release because it still wasn't working due to Me always ending up looking at the meter I couldn't resist. Now I leave it on feedback only and hit most of my shots with myplayer and players like Anthony Davis, klay Thompson etc.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #13
Banned

Cranny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Totally agree on your point. I will say. Even when I'm looking at the meter during free throws. With bad shooters. I'm going to have bad results. Even if I hit a green release. I've missed so many green releases at the FT line. I love it!! And it's usually with Jordan, Howard, Rondo and guys that can't shoot lol. Most probably won't agree.

But the article is great!
I didn't know the green release not being 100% applied to fts too? I've never missed a green release at the ft line. I'm pretty good with shaq at the free throw line by looking at the release only.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #14
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

That was an awesome read, especially this part:
Quote:
In 2K15, the green release was a guaranteed shot 100 percent of the time. In 2K16, the shot is not always guaranteed; rather, the green release increases the shot’s likelihood by an approximate factor of two. For example, if a player, after all mitigating factors are considered, has a 40 percent chance of making the shot, the green release will give him an 80 percent chance. There is a tipping point, however—if a player is ranked under 30 percent for a shot, there are no "green frames" at all.
Also a bit of 2K17 news:

Quote:
Currently, in 2K16, the shot meter stops at the midpoint. Most likely, according to Wang, 2K17 will have a meter that moves from left to right or right to left.​
Old 02-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

The ending flat out confirms something I've been saying to people since day one. I've always noticed that if you get the ball in a catch and shoot situation, if the animation is good the shot falls more often.

For example, if I come off a pin down, catch and shoot getting a ball bobble animation, the shot I hoist up will usually not fall.

If I get no animation, and shoot, It's about 50/50.

If I get a Hop-Dip-Shoot animation. Money ball all day.

Catching it in the right shooting rhythm, and the right mechanics has been a thing since 2k14 on last gen. I started noticing then, and it's remained constant since

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #16
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

The ratings are very inconsistent and don't account for volume. Lowry is shooting 40% on 7 attempts per game and 144 makes yet his rating is lower than Serge Ibaka who is shooting 37% and has only made 40. 25 of those are from the corner

Lowry has an 83 standing, 82 moving

Ibaka has an 85 moving, 79 moving

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »