Home

Final Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (2-11-16)

This is a discussion on Final Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (2-11-16) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #9
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Final Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (2-11-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Eric Berry rated lower than Daniel Sorensen........... In fact he is one of the worst safeties on the roster with the FBG ratings.
Thats because he was coming off injury (cancer) the ratings are as of The beginning of the 2015 season, they are not current. If they were done today they would be different than what you see now. The scouts had him lower because he hadnt had his great season yet, for goodness sake he had cancer, having not played in a year and not knowing that he would have a great season you would've rated Him in a similiar way

Last edited by michapop9; 02-12-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:10 AM   #10
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Final Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now - Details & Spreadsheet (2-11-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Eric Berry rated lower than Daniel Sorensen........... In fact he is one of the worst safeties on the roster with the FBG ratings.
You are citing old data.

That overall grade was from mid-August. He's a 79 now...best safety in the game.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 02-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #11
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Being that there randomly generated draft classes, all you have to do is set parameters just like there are now and it should be fine
They shifted a lot of characteristics in the final few rosters, downgrading CBs across the board for instance. The biggest resistance to implementing FBG ratings would probably be the "average consumer", did you see the reactions to the lowering of speed before release this year??! Then they slowly edited the ratings to now and people were more accepting/didn't notice.

It would be a shock to a lot of consumers to switch on M17 and see FBG ratings. They'd have to market something like "roster ratings explained" videos etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #12
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
They shifted a lot of characteristics in the final few rosters, downgrading CBs across the board for instance. The biggest resistance to implementing FBG ratings would probably be the "average consumer", did you see the reactions to the lowering of speed before release this year??! Then they slowly edited the ratings to now and people were more accepting/didn't notice.

It would be a shock to a lot of consumers to switch on M17 and see FBG ratings. They'd have to market something like "roster ratings explained" videos etc.

haha, do you work for the marketing department at Tiburon? Seriously minor reactions, EA sports (especially tiburon) has always been scared of change which has been one of the major problems with the series and has drawn much more severe backlash than any ratings change.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #13
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
haha, do you work for the marketing department at Tiburon? Seriously minor reactions, EA sports (especially tiburon) has always been scared of change which has been one of the major problems with the series and has drawn much more severe backlash than any ratings change.
Ha, sadly no, I'm just a Brit who likes the game and is good with numbers (I think we all agree if we worked for them we think we'd make it all better). I agree the fear of change has made the product more watered down over the years to appeal to casual gamers and that creates a fear of change and innovation. I'm just saying there was a backlash over reducing down ratings (plus draft classes came in broke with QB DAC and player speed) so they brought it back in line with Donny's system and then have slowly implemented their own through the season. I think we'll see some different styles of ratings in M17 but maybe not full FBG ratings.

Last edited by Mattanite; 02-15-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Gamers I think are receptive to change as long as it's implemented well. CFM has its flaws but in I think people have learned to accept it. But it needed a few years to iron some things out. It's still not perfect. Ratings if they're logically implemented and they stick With a system can be accepted.

I'm Madden 2000 ratings were much lower. Donovan McNabb and Dante Culpepper were high 50s as rookies. We accepted this back then. We can accept it now. I think a major issue is that rookies come in way overrated. And it creates overrated rosters for years to come. Guys come in a few points away from elite. They have a decent rookie year and they're among the best in the league. You have a few guys that can be among the elite after 1 year like Odell. But adjusting rookie ratings down would have a ripple effect of having lower rated rosters over the years.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

We can accept it...but with social media...can the players?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #16
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Videos like that would be a good idea so EA can continue to hype the game before release. I wouldn't have a problem with that.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »