Home

WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase Releases on February 23

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase Releases on February 23 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase Releases on February 23

The WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, February 23 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It features 20 playable Superstars, seven classic matches, and six new playable arenas.

Quote:
The DLC content is focused entirely around the WWE 2015 Hall of Fame inductees and their biggest opponents, including “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Rikishi, The Rock, Alundra Blayze, Larry Zbyszko, Arn Anderson, The Bushwackers, The Outsiders (Kevin Nash & Scott Hall), and many more.

The Hall of Fame Showcase is included with the WWE 2K16 Season Pass, for everyone else, it will cost $9.99. For those of you waiting for the PC version of WWE 2K16, which releases on March 11, this DLC and all of the previous ones, will be included in your purchase, with no extra charges.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 01:25 AM   #2
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K16 Hall of Fame Showcase Releases on February 23

Cool, it's official now.

It's good to have it confirmed that there will be new arenas. We pretty much know which ones they are given the matches depicted, too, since they all happened in real life (with the exception of Alundra Blayze/Paige, obviously).
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts: This Tuesday in Texas (1991)
  • Rikishi vs. The Rock: Survivor Series 2000
  • Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes: Clash of The Champions XXVII (1991)
  • Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair: WCW/NWA Supershow (1991)
  • The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake): Summerslam 1991
  • The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray): Halloween Havoc 1996

By the way, since king doe asked in the other thread ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by king doe
Does anyone know what year of ric flair we are getting, late mid 80s, late 80s, early 90s or mid 90s?
I'm going to assume from the matchup that it's specifically the Ric Flair of WCW/NWA Supershow. WOOOOO!

Last edited by spidertour02; 02-22-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

Wait I'm confused...so do the guys in the showcase become playable outside of showcase mode once you download it? I'm confused how Scott Hall is supposedly in this showcase, yet wasn't in the "legends pack." Will we be able to use him once this comes out?
Old 02-18-2016, 04:48 AM   #4
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Wait I'm confused...so do the guys in the showcase become playable outside of showcase mode once you download it? I'm confused how Scott Hall is supposedly in this showcase, yet wasn't in the "legends pack." Will we be able to use him once this comes out?
You can use all of the wrestlers outside of the mode, though since this is a Showcase, you'll need to unlock them first by completing objectives in the Showcase matches.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #5
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

I hope that the Outsiders come with that original nWo music. I've been wanting to use that badly for one of my factions in my CAW universe. This looks like a great piece of historical DLC. I do wish Tully Blanchard were coming but having AA is going to be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #6
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Finally! Already have my classic Universe set up, just couldn't start it without an authentic retro Flair. Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #7
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Good to hear they are playable outside of the Showcase Mode. Always download old school tag teams for Universe, now I get a few more

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Really looking forward to this showcase coming out, lot's of quality DLC in it
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »