Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale and Much More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2016, 09:45 PM   #17
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - Franchise, Player Morale, Drafts Have Been Redone

With all the info and videos being released the last few days I hope there are still some big surprises left for the upcoming twitch streams

It's really amazing how much new stuff has been added for 16

Last edited by tnixen; 02-19-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #18
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Truer words have never been spoken... "Do not use guess pitch"
Why is that? I've been playing The Show since 08, and I do every at bat. Has it been changed for 16?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:19 PM   #19
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Why is that? I've been playing The Show since 08, and I do every at bat. Has it been changed for 16?
I think there is a tendency for many people who use Guess Pitch to rely on it too heavily. Meaning, their success at the plate is tied mostly to how well their guessing is working for a particular game, and not how many good, hit-able pitches they are actually getting.

For me, I still use guess pitch to guess location sometimes, depending on what camera I'm using for batting. Certain cameras are impossible for me to pick up low pitches with consistency. But then again, I'm one of those people that never, not even once to this day, saw one of those Magic-Eye 3D optical illusion images. So I'm guessing I have some vision issues anyway due to my astigmatism affecting my binocular vision. Certainly makes it harder to detect simulated 3-d movement of a pitch coming towards you on a 2-d television screen.

Cameras re-worked this year he said, though. I'm really looking forward to trying them out come release day.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 02-20-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #20
Rookie

Rating shifts for morale didn't seem too drastic, in James Paxton's case it had no effect it looked like as he went from 79 to 79 even if he was over the moon ecstatic about his role. Boosts in overalls don't necessarily have to impact hits, strikeouts, fielding etc. My hope is that is effects those in a limited manner (maybe -1 across the board if the player is incredibly upset, lonely, etc.) but effects things like durability and stamina more (if you hate your team and want to get out of dodge quickly after the season you probably won't be too dedicated to winning games in mid-June). Super hyped though, moral could be a great edition to The Show
Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #21
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I think there is a tendency for many people who use Guess Pitch to rely on it too heavily. Meaning, their success at the plate is tied mostly to how well their guessing is working for a particular game, and not how many good, hit-able pitches they are actually getting.
Well, yes. I guess high fastball every pitch. But since its just me vs the CPU, and it makes me happy, then no harm no foul. Against pitchers who don't throw a fastball, I bat around 0.025 *shrug* Despite thousands of games played (and many more in other baseball games dating back to the 80s), I just absolutely suck at doing it otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2016, 11:35 PM   #22
Rookie

OMG full career stats are in!!! I'm so freakin happy I can't breathe
Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 PM   #23
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
See, I'm the polar opposite. I absolutely LOVE the day to day details, and horribly miss all of the things that have been ripped out of the game the last few years. This adds another cool layer of depth and more challenge. The only thing I'm worried about would be players who are during their first three years of team control being upset with their pay.
That would be great IMO if they were things that made sense and that were in your control. This system looks to be partially out of your control which makes engaging with it seem like just an arbitrary task that must be done so your players ratings don't take a hit compared to the rest of the league.

For instance you can't control a player's contract once they are signed. So great I signed Kris Bryant to a nice 7 year deal after 2016, but oh great now he is unhappy because he thinks he should earn more and his ratings are now affected by me being a good GM. Compatriot? So every player now has their happiness tied to if they have a compatriot on their team or not. I know where you are coming from and I also sort of miss setting soda prices, but tying the ratings to things like this I just don't like. Tie it to your GM rating or ability to sign players, but not the ratings. In the end I hope it is insignificant. Felix got 2 pts overall, but I wonder what a player with all happy or unhappy will get. I like the idea of adding in morale, but for other GM linked things besides the players' skills.

Tying ratings bonus to salary is the one that confuses me the most though. I'm pretty sure Anthony Rizzo isn't performing as well because he signed a team friendly extension. Unless they add in re-negotiations and contract extensions.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-19-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #24
Rookie

gharp14's Arena

OVR: 12
Really hoping career stats includes awards won

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »