Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Ground Fighter Ratings Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Ground Fighter Ratings Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 2 Ground Fighter Ratings Revealed

After revealing the entire EA Sports UFC 2 roster last week, EA has begun highlighting specific ratings this week. Today they reveal the ratings for the ground fighters in the game.

If you scroll through the fighters on the official website, you can see the ground fighter rating for every fighter in the game, except for Mike Tyson. Check them all out and let us know what you think.

Previously released ratings:EA Sports UFC 2 ships on March 15 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. EA Access subscribers can play the full game for 10 hours on March 10.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Ground Fighter Ratings

First one I click on is Werdum. He's the champion, yet EA still doesn't know his ground game is possibly the best in the sport and certainly not equal to his striking. I'd be more forgiving if he wasn't like the heavyweight champion of the world. Sorry, but come on.

Brian Ortega is only 85 on the ground. lol. He's not as well known so it's more understandable at least. I still wish they'd put more effort in and do their research or get knowledgeable people to help them out.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 03-02-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fun to look at but more interested in the individual nested ratings rather than the overalls. How do move levels, perks, general ratings (health, strength, etc.), individual rating weights, etc. impact those overalls? Too many unknowns to make use of these overalls.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Fun to look at but more interested in the individual nested ratings rather than the overalls. How do move levels, perks, general ratings (health, strength, etc.), individual rating weights, etc. impact those overalls? Too many unknowns to make use of these overalls.
I didn't play the first game because of the bad reviews. Are you saying these ratings don't matter too much then? How they play in game often contradicts the ratings somewhat?

Honestly tho, a lot of these are pretty off and I haven't even looked at that many.

Nick Diaz has an 87 ground game. Gunnar has an 86. These are the kinda guys you just shouldn't be getting wrong. I know it's just a game but the realism needs to at least be decent. I'm mad.

Also what's with some fighters ratings being so skewed when they're playable in different divisions. Aldo is better than Conor at lightweight. Where is the logic there?

Kinda reminds me of Reebok's incompetency when it comes to their knowledge of the sport. I mean it's not that bad but you get the point.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 03-02-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

If I recall correctly, in the last game the attributes that made up Ground Rating was ground control, passing, takedowns and takedown defense. I assume it's the same for this game. If so, some fighters may get their rating knocked down some due to being weak in a particular area... For example, Nick Diaz may be lower than you expect because his takedown rating reduces his total overall ground rating.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #6
MVP

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Ground Fighter Ratings Revealed

The problem with an overall ground rating is that it's taking into account ability to transition, ability to block transitions, submissions and ability to get out of submissions, and probably some of the physical attributes like stamina thrown in as well. So yeah, the OVR or the overall for ground/clinch/SU doesn't necessarily mean that much to how the fighter will actually do on the ground.

I agree that Werdum was robbed though.

Edit: I think I read that takedowns are under Clinch now but I could be wrong.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The problem with an overall ground rating is that it's taking into account ability to transition, ability to block transitions, submissions and ability to get out of submissions, and probably some of the physical attributes like stamina thrown in as well. So yeah, the OVR or the overall for ground/clinch/SU doesn't necessarily mean that much to how the fighter will actually do on the ground.

I agree that Werdum was robbed though.

Edit: I think I read that takedowns are under Clinch now but I could be wrong.
Nick and Gunnar are both great at all of those things tho (other than wrestling). I mean even with this taken into account... a lot of the ratings are still off. I don't mean to come off as whiny and negative but these things need to be said or there's no possibility of them changing.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

I think Gunnar took too much of a hit for the Maia fight. It's Maia, he does it to everyone.

Nick I honestly don't know enough about his ground game to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »