Home

Oakmont Country Club Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Oakmont Country Club Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Oakmont Country Club Coming Soon For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Not sure what they have it priced at currently, but it's been as low as $13 on PSN a few times. For that price, it's a steal.
I paid $16 for this game right around a month ago and I bet I have put in 50 hours so far on it. I can tell you I have already played this game more than I played Madden this year and I paid $60 for Madden.
I absolutely love this game, it really relaxes me after a long day at work.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This game is a blast. Playing old-school with the 3-click method has proven to be a lot of fun, and a nice change of pace from using the analog stick swings for years.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-02-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't wait to see how good the Church Pews bunker looks on my PS4! This course is one of the toughest tests for pro golfers, and hopefully it's tough in the game as well. I remember it being fairly difficult on last-gen systems. I'm kind of sad because this will be the last announced DLC for this game course wise, but they've given us a lot of great additions in recent months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #12
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Really hope there is more after this. Not free. But I'd be will to drop some money for a five or six pack worth of courses.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:20 AM   #13
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Really hope there is more after this. Not free. But I'd be will to drop some money for a five or six pack worth of courses.
I'm in the same boat, since the game itself cost me only $13. I'd gladly spend another $10 or so to add another set of courses.

But I could also understand how folks who paid full price for RM might not be inclined to put down more money for content. Keeping with free courses and updates would help those early purchasers to justify their investment and make them more willing to sign on early again when the next PGA game comes out.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what direction EA goes after Oakmont's release.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I'm in the same boat, since the game itself cost me only $13. I'd gladly spend another $10 or so to add another set of courses.

But I could also understand how folks who paid full price for RM might not be inclined to put down more money for content. Keeping with free courses and updates would help those early purchasers to justify their investment and make them more willing to sign on early again when the next PGA game comes out.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what direction EA goes after Oakmont's release.
I paid full price at launch and I would still likely pay for some DLC. I got the game back in July which is a long time ago now.

I almost don't remember paying full price. That's just me, I understand others feel differently.

That said, if they keep banging out free content then that's great news for everyone, however, you don't have full control over the content you get which is why I see why some will be willing to pay extra for a DLC package.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Old 03-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

I wouldn't pay for DLC...if I had the game. My reasoning would be they have been giving me these 8 or 9 courses for free. Why do I now have to pay for these 3 or 4 courses?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 01:15 PM   #16
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I wouldn't pay for DLC...if I had the game. My reasoning would be they have been giving me these 8 or 9 courses for free. Why do I now have to pay for these 3 or 4 courses?

Fair point.. but the traditional release of this game always included about this many courses, then there were paid DLC packs afterwards.

I think before they go the paid DLC route, they at least do another 2 free probably to get it more in line with previous releases, I think it's still a bit behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »