Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - Battle Royale and Conquest Modes (Gamestop) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #9
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Some MLB The Show 16 Conquest & Battle Royale Details Have Been Revealed

I'm all for new ways to play but everything else other than franchise is just "meh" in my book. Would of rather had rotating schedules than new fantasy game modes.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:35 AM   #10
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I will play Conquest and probably not Battle Royale.

My question with Conquest is what is the replay value? If I finish it then can I start it again? Do you just continue the same game trying to maintain control after you have won it?
Maybe start over on the next higher difficulty for more/better rewards? Complete conquest on Rookie and get some bronze cards. Start over on Veteran, complete it again and get silver card rewards, etc. Just speculating here...

I suspect Thursday's stream will answer these types of questions.

Last edited by HypoLuxa13; 03-07-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:40 AM   #11
Rookie

letsgomets75's Arena

Quote:

My question with Conquest is what is the replay value? If I finish it then can I start it again? Do you just continue the same game trying to maintain control after you have won it?
My guess would be that you could eventually start again. I'm not sure how it will exactly work, but I'm assuming to complete conquest you need to control every little hexagon on the map. And it looks like there's over 300 of those, so it will take quite a while if each one is a single game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #12
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing Draft Champions in Madden was a lot of fun. The draft was scary because you would be given a QB in the first round and pass on him, expecting to get another QB later in the draft, but sometimes that didn't happen and you were left with a scrub QB. Also don't know nearly as much NFL players than I do MLB players.

MLB Battle Royale is looking like it will be tons of fun. The idea of drafting a new team every time is exciting where I don't have to collect the cards to play with a certain player/legend/flashback which is a appealing. Also the head to head component is cool because a stacked team playing against a CPU MLB team is like an All Star team playing the Tampa Bay Rays. I like how it is 3 innings to make it go quick and play more games with more drafts and not be so time consuming.

Conquest looks like the mode that might overtake RTTS as my secondary mode to Franchise. I loved DD last year, played around 200 games. However the online game play got annoying last year and I'd rather play offline but random exhibition games against CPU teams felt like a waste of time. With Conquest it feels like a real way to play against the CPU that isn't meaningless. Don't know how I feel about the 3 innings for this mode however. It's hard to win over an entire fan base with 3 inning games.

Last edited by MetsFan16; 03-07-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #13
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Quote:

Google luck with beating all teams on Legend

You'll Never Walk Alone!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
Rookie

MLB The Show 16 Battle Royale and Conquest Modes

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/mlb-the-show-16 go to week three videos and it has info on the two new modes. More DD mode stuff.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #15
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I am also not sure about 3 innings. I would think, especially in Conquest mode since it a single player mode that you should be able to choose a game length when starting the mode.

There are times I can play a CPU team and get 0 hits the first time through the lineup. In a three inning game that is more than likely a loss unless your pitcher shuts down the opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 11:50 AM   #16
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

Also, If I'm not mistaken, you have to "pay" a certain amount of stubbs to play Battle Royale each time you draft a new team.

I'm sure It's going to be like Arena mode in Hearthstone, where an arena run is 150 golds and a pack is 100 golds, but you are guaranteed to get a pack in every Arena run no matter how many games you have won.

If I have to guess a Battle Royale run is going to be 1500 Stubbs, while a pack is going to be 1000 stubs. Don't think that you are going to get a reward worth 500 for 2 wins, but you could break even with the 5 wins reward.

You'll Never Walk Alone!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »