Home

Gareth Bale Named Cover Athlete For UEFA EURO 2016, Arrives on March 24

This is a discussion on Gareth Bale Named Cover Athlete For UEFA EURO 2016, Arrives on March 24 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 12:12 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Gareth Bale Named Cover Athlete For UEFA EURO 2016, Arrives on March 24

Gareth Bale has been named as the cover athlete for UEFA EURO 2016, which arrives on March 24 as a free DLC for PES 2016 owners on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Konami will also release both a physical (Europe only) and digital standalone edition of UEFA EURO 2016 on April 21 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 only. No word yet on what it will cost.

Read the full press release below.

Wales and Real Madrid Hero, Gareth Bale, Named as Cover Star for KONAMI’s Forthcoming UEFA EURO 2016 Title

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. has announced that Gareth Bale, the Real Madrid and Welsh international winger, is to be the cover star for its officially licensed UEFA EURO 2016 title.

Bale, who shone for the Wales national team during their European Qualifiers campaign, will grace the packaging and promotional materials of KONAMI’s official game of the UEFA EURO 2016 tournament. The game will be released via physical (Europe only) and digital standalone editions on April 21 for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3. Existing PES 2016 users on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, PlayStation®3, Xbox 360™ and Windows PC will receive the dedicated UEFA EURO 2016 content as a free DLC on March 24.

Those that purchase the standalone game will also have a chance of obtaining Bale via the bonus content for myClub. myClub is a phenomenally popular option within PES 2016 that allows users to use accrued points or in-game micro-transactions to build a title-winning side and lead them to glory. Those purchasing the physical copy of the UEFA EURO 2016 title (Europe only) will receive exclusive myClub rewards including access to a special Ambassador Agent, seven special Euro agents giving them seven players representing the 24 qualified teams and 10,000GP each week for 10 weeks.

The Real Madrid winger is an integral part of the Spanish La Liga side and his pace and skills will also be on show in France as he lines up as part of the Wales team. Bale was key to helping Wales qualify, and he and Wales will be faithfully recreated – complete with official uniforms - within KONAMI’s UEFA EURO 2016 title.

Europe’s premier international competition will be held in France this summer and sees 24 teams gather for initial group matches before progressing to knock-out stages. Qualified teams from all over Europe will compete for the coveted Henri Delaunay Cup, with the first game played on June 10, and the final taking place in France’s stunning Stade de France a month later on July 10. During this time, 50 matches will be played, showcasing Europe’s greatest soccer talent.

KONAMI’s official UEFA EURO 2016 title will be automatically added to PES 2016’s main menu screen, while the disc-based release in Europe only will contain both the full PES 2016 game and UEFA EURO 2016 content. UEFA EURO 2016 will feature full iconography and presentation elements from this year’s tournament and also includes the Stade de France stadium, which hosts the final in July. All squads will also be in line with those of the qualifying nations with the various playing styles perfectly replicated via the game’s innovative Player ID and Team ID systems, which mimic the exact playing styles of both individual players and the team as a whole.

“Gareth Bale is one of the hottest properties in world football, so we are delighted that he is the face of our UEFA EURO 2016 content for PES 2016,” stated Erik Bladinieres, European Brand Director of Football for Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. “His skill and ability make him the perfect fit for a game that will showcase the capabilities of Europe’s greatest national sides. He will be integral to Wales during the competition, and we are delighted that he will be gracing the packaging and in-game content of our UEFA EURO 2016 content.”
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
We get this for free if we own PES16? Incredible. Very nice, so much better than selling 16 then UEFA EURO16.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:01 AM   #3
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
We get this for free if we own PES16? Incredible. Very nice, so much better than selling 16 then UEFA EURO16.
Believe me, you're not getting much.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #4
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Gareth come back to White Hart Lane! Okay now that my cheap plea is out of the way.... if they do this like they did the "world cup" on pes2014 you will only get some new menus and some different presentation styles, that's it, nothing to exciting to write home about. Let's just hope the squads, ALL THE SQUADS, get updated when this releases.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #5
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Gareth come back to White Hart Lane! Okay now that my cheap plea is out of the way.... if they do this like they did the "world cup" on pes2014 you will only get some new menus and some different presentation styles, that's it, nothing to exciting to write home about. Let's just hope the squads, ALL THE SQUADS, get updated when this releases.
You're only getting one stadium, 15 fully licensed teams, but I think, or at least hope, all 24 teams have real players, the official tournament license and all the bell and whistles that comes with it, and that's pretty much it. Oh, and by the way, its only a single player mode. No online support, no qualifiers, hell, they're really not even giving you the Euro 2016 tournament because if you own PES 2016, you already have it. Although its not licensed, it can be edited on PS4. And you wonder why Konami isn't charging for this add on. Because they're not giving you much of anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

1 stadium, that´s ridiculous. Man, i remember that at least EA versions had all the tournament stadiums in the past. Nowadays they spend all the money buying the license and don´t even tries to make a mediocre version. I bet this crap DLC konami is releasing us is even worse than EURO 2012 by EA.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #7

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Gareth Bale Named Cover Athlete For UEFA EURO 2016, Arrives on March 24

I'm sure the MyClub integration will be massive. The offline stuff will be minimal, but using all the "iconography" to get people to buy coins is the goal here.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #8
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm sure the MyClub integration will be massive. The offline stuff will be minimal, but using all the "iconography" to get people to buy coins is the goal here.
Welcome to sports gaming circa 2016. You buy the game to play sports, but the game NEEDS you to play the childish and "arcadey" "team based" mode, so you can of course spend a bunch of real money. I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with this trend, any game that actively prevents gamers from actually playing the game they bought (soccer, football, basketball, etc.) in order to play some pay to win garbage, just is not worth my time. I remember when could buy a sports game and if you wanted an in depth experience you just played the career mode. Now those modes come unfinished, broken, and/or so watered down that the only way you can get anything close to that is through ultimate team. Sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »