Home

NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 05:19 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Mike Wang mentioned on Twitter that a shot tweak will be arriving this morning for NBA 2K16, making green releases easier on high percentage shots, along with a slight hit for contested three pointers.

Quote:
Shooting update going out late tonight that should make it slightly easier to get greens on open shots.

One (hopefully) last shot tweak 2AM PST. Easier greens on high % shots & slight hit to contested 3's. Curious to read everyone's feedback.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 05:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today, Details Included - Provide Feedback

Has it already arrived or i should update something?
Old 03-09-2016, 05:48 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

NBA 2K16 version 6.10. Completely different than the title you bought.. And changes every month depending on who jeers loudest on Twitter.

Tired of being a 60$ beta tester.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #4
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Anyone remember the tag line, "Set it, and forget it"? There have been multiple tweaks to shot mechanics over the last several months. I think enough data has been collected to know what the median is for too easy/ too difficult. Now we need to implement that median. I'm having a difficult time chasing a moving target.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:31 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm not mad a Mike for attempting to improve shooting. People who are quick to drop the "they don't listen" line cant complain too much when they are attempting to do so.

at the same time, unless it's an extreme situation, there should be a stopping point for the changes, maybe around the all star break? That would be my only suggestion.

Anyway, going to get a couple games in this morning and see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3
It has almost become a necessity that once you dial in your slider set that one should disconnect their connection to the 2K servers to avoid 'stealth patches' and these constant updates just to avoid having to start over again in trying to find a slider set (or adjust values) that fits ones' needs....Although the obvious downside is that you will have to do manual roster updates.

Fortunately, once I dialed in my slider set a month or so ago (ShadyMike base set w/ EccentricMeat's game speed, speed, and acceleration values), I went offline to avoid any stealth patches and such and have been getting consistent gameplay! Look forward to hearing everyone's feedback on Mike's recent update.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1;2048048469[B
]It has almost become a necessity that once you dial in your slider set that one should disconnect their connection to the 2K servers to avoid 'stealth patches' [/b]and these constant updates just to avoid having to start over again in trying to find a slider set (or adjust values) that fits ones' needs....Although the obvious downside is that you will have to do manual roster updates.

Fortunately, once I dialed in my slider set a month or so ago (ShadyMike base set w/ EccentricMeat's game speed, speed, and acceleration values), I went offline to avoid any stealth patches and such and have been getting consistent gameplay! Look forward to hearing everyone's feedback on Mike's recent update.
I remember when the majority categorically denied they were even happening when people noticed changes after roster updates. Personally I think that as long as there is a statistical basis for the changes then they make sense.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:19 AM   #8
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I've noticed a dip in 3 point shooting the past 2 nights ?? Wasn't it already tweaked ? Is it being changed again ??

Honestly. I appreciate the effort to tweak the game but I think were in the realm of too much tweaking at this point. I've had the game going on 6 months now. I shouldn't be re-learning shooting for the X time.

Just got to leave at this point and let 2k16 play out.......

Also, why cant the chase down/block form behind be addressed like this ?

Last edited by Mintsa; 03-09-2016 at 10:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »