Home

Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

This is a discussion on Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

I downloaded it last night, and I'm looking forward to diving in this evening! It sounds great from all the impressions so far.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Oakmont is historical and rated highly by most golf publications, but it's not that interesting to me for a video game. Sure, it has the church pew bunkers, but not much else going on. No water at all. I love courses with a lot of water.

The worst part of this course though is the sound. Sure, the course IS right next to the Pennsylvania turnpike, but it sounds like you're in the middle of it. IRL, that course does not have that much traffic noise, does it? Play that course with a headset on and you're really hear it (along with the constant hum of the overhead blimp).

I think EA should be able to tweak that though...

-Bus
Old 03-09-2016, 11:55 PM   #19
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

AWas wondering what this was...I ran out of space lol
Old 03-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #20
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I've got to say, I was underwhelmed with Oakmont as an addition, just seemed like a boring, plain choice to me. Although, I understand the choice with the US Open being there this year. Just, I would prefer some more courses that are more exciting visually, like Pebble Beach, or Banff Springs. So, Oakmont underwhelmed me a bit...

Then, I played a couple rounds on it. What a nice challenge it was. Looks great, and plays great. I forgot those greens, those big, sometimes square shaped greens, that have some insanely crazy slopes to them. It was a nice, new, refreshing challenge. Putting is going to always be a great adventure here.

EA did a great job in creating the environment, and it's a worthy addition, that's for sure.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played it in play now last night and it was brutal. I'm going to play the daily today in Tour mode with Jordan Spieth, we'll see how that goes.

Any chance we may see an Augusta download available in the next three weeks or so? Please, oh please, pretty please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #22
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
I played it in play now last night and it was brutal. I'm going to play the daily today in Tour mode with Jordan Spieth, we'll see how that goes.

Any chance we may see an Augusta download available in the next three weeks or so? Please, oh please, pretty please.
Highly unlikely.
See below, per EA they no longer have licensing for Augusta.

According to a statement from EA, the upcoming EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour game will not feature a major golf course.

Apparently, EA will not be including the Augusta National Golf Club, the Georgia course that is the home of the Masters Tournament, due to an expired license. Ea mentioned that it is still looking for a way to add the course into the game.

Our license with Augusta National has expired and it does not currently appear in EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. However, we will continue to examine opportunities to include this world-class course in the game.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Highly unlikely.
See below, per EA they no longer have licensing for Augusta.

According to a statement from EA, the upcoming EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour game will not feature a major golf course.

Apparently, EA will not be including the Augusta National Golf Club, the Georgia course that is the home of the Masters Tournament, due to an expired license. Ea mentioned that it is still looking for a way to add the course into the game.

Our license with Augusta National has expired and it does not currently appear in EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. However, we will continue to examine opportunities to include this world-class course in the game.
That was at launch.....that does not mean they won't get it at some point, but I am betting it won't be in 3 weeks.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 03-16-2016, 01:02 PM   #24

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Oakmont Country Club Available Now For Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusDriver
Oakmont is historical and rated highly by most golf publications, but it's not that interesting to me for a video game. Sure, it has the church pew bunkers, but not much else going on. No water at all. I love courses with a lot of water.

The worst part of this course though is the sound. Sure, the course IS right next to the Pennsylvania turnpike, but it sounds like you're in the middle of it. IRL, that course does not have that much traffic noise, does it? Play that course with a headset on and you're really hear it (along with the constant hum of the overhead blimp).

I think EA should be able to tweak that though...

-Bus

Oakmont literally is in the middle of the turnpike.

You actually have to cross a bridge over the turnpike in between a couple holes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »