Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Available

Lot of good stuff in this stream. Sneak Peak at a lot of new flashback cards and Legends. Saw a Cliff Floyd with the Mets in IGN stream and Cliff Floyd with Expos today, looks like Legends can be found in multiple forms which is cool. Not completely sold on 3 innings for these modes but I'm sure it'll grow on me when I have 3 intense innings of baseball each game which will either be tons of fun or loads of frustration.

I'm hoping someone sets up a thread of Easter Eggs and how to unlock them because there's going to be hundreds of them it seems.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #18
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Available

Still like the concept of BR a lot, but not sold on how the draft works. As they were drafting I feel like the positional weight was a bit too high. If I have bench spots left, but need pitchers I don't want my draft rounds so heavily biased toward pitchers. It makes it so if you decide to draft position players with your early bronze rounds and fill up your starting lineup the game will start feeding you more pitchers when you may have been trying to draft bench players in the early bronze rounds.

It forces you to leave holes open until later in the draft or else you may get to a late silver round and get 3 pitchers if you lineup is full. Maybe you drafted a bronze LF in round 5 planning to use them on your bench. I'd still want left fielders and other position players to show up in the later silver+ rounds equally to pitchers.

The other thing that may become a big factor is how stamina resets each game. So theoretically couldn't you just draft bronze starting pitchers and draft a few upper tier RP/CP. Let your bronze SP pitch to one batter, then bring in your top relievers every single game? Granted if you can't hit this strategy is pointless due to extra innings, but if reliever stamina completely resets every game I see this as being how people play in BR since the SP select is random. Imagine if you draft say Neshek, Chapman, Kimbrel and then 68-72 starting pitchers. If you could score one run in 3 innings you'd basically only need to get 8 or 9 outs with those three pitchers. And if stamina resets you can do this every game until you're eliminated.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-11-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:01 AM   #19
Rookie

Go Nick ! Win the tournament with them White Sox ! Good luck in the final !

Also Abreu's overall needs to go up a couple points. An all star with great contact and power. I know his fielding isn't great but still an amazing hitter. He has done it for two years with no protection in the lineup. Now with Frazier behind him could have MVP type year.

Quintana another one whos overall should go up. Sooo underated but overall great job with the player ratings.

The two new modes look like a lot of fun. So excited to try them out. Can definitely see myself spending a lot of time in both.

March 29th where are you!?!?
Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #20
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Still like the concept of BR a lot, but not sold on how the draft works. As they were drafting I feel like the positional weight was a bit too high. If I have bench spots left, but need pitchers I don't want my draft rounds so heavily biased toward pitchers. It makes it so if you decide to draft position players with your early bronze rounds and fill up your starting lineup the game will start feeding you more pitchers when you may have been trying to draft bench players in the early bronze rounds.

It forces you to leave holes open until later in the draft or else you may get to a late silver round and get 3 pitchers if you lineup is full. Maybe you drafted a bronze LF in round 5 planning to use them on your bench. I'd still want left fielders and other position players to show up in the later silver+ rounds equally to pitchers.

The other thing that may become a big factor is how stamina resets each game. So theoretically couldn't you just draft bronze starting pitchers and draft a few upper tier RP/CP. Let your bronze SP pitch to one batter, then bring in your top relievers every single game? Granted if you can't hit this strategy is pointless due to extra innings, but if reliever stamina completely resets every game I see this as being how people play in BR since the SP select is random. Imagine if you draft say Neshek, Chapman, Kimbrel and then 68-72 starting pitchers. If you could score one run in 3 innings you'd basically only need to get 8 or 9 outs with those three pitchers. And if stamina resets you can do this every game until you're eliminated.
That is all going to be dependent on the pitcher Stamina. During the stream Ramone brought in a relief pitcher without very good stamina and the game said he was getting tired after only one pitch.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #21
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Oh, I also meant to say that I like how the use the difficulties to determine how easy it will be to take over an area.

If you try take over a opponents square that has 8 million fans and you are only attacking with 1 million fans you may only be able to play that on Legend or Hall OF Fame difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #22
MVP

tnixen's Arena

This was by far my favorite stream for MLB The Show 16!!

Not because of it being about Battle Royale and Conquest no I could care less about those 2 modes. It was actually because I thought the game never looked better. Not sure if it's becasue this was very close to the final build or what but I thought the game play looks so smooth with lots of new wonderful animations. And the lighting especially at Rogers Centre looking F-ing incredible in my opinion! Much better then the lighting in 15!

Sure I am once again kind of disappointed that my favorite home town ball park did not get all the upgrades it needs again. But this stream showed me there is more then enough improved things in 16 to put a big smile on my face and keep me busy until Thanksgiving.

MLB The Show 16 looks like it is going to be the best looking most realistic baseball game ever!!!

Last edited by tnixen; 03-11-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #23
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Avail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
That is all going to be dependent on the pitcher Stamina. During the stream Ramone brought in a relief pitcher without very good stamina and the game said he was getting tired after only one pitch.

Yes, but if a starter with 70 stamina can last over an inning, with baserunners, I don't think it will be hard to have a 30 stamina rated Wade Davis last 3 batters. We've seen n the past that pitchers with 0 stamina are still effective online.

Maybe you'll need more than 3 relievers. If you intentionally make a bad rotation to save your better picks for relievers I think you could easily end up with 5 or so relief pitchers that are silver or better. I'd take that over the 1/5 chance of getting my ace gold starter. Or having to waste picks of good starters that may never see action in a game. If I spend my picks on good relievers I can guarantee them a pitching every game due to how stamina resets.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #24
Pro

I'm gonna be all about Conquest Mode until the OSFM rosters are out. I freaking love that the games are 3 innings...specially since there is no QC in DD

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »