Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 2 Community Impressions

EA Sports UFC 2 is available today in stores! We are currently working on a first impressions piece and our review (which should be live late tonight or tomorrow!).

This year's game features a plethora of improvements, including dynamic grappling, a new Ultimate Team mode, and new game modes.

Want to learn how to play EA Sports UFC 2? EA Sports created several gameplay tutorial videos, which you can find here.

Make sure you get some fights in, try out the other features in the game and post your impressions here!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Ships Today, Post Your Impressions Here

this game is a vast improvement from the first one, I am happy they added event mode and hopefully with a 3rd game down the road they can put more bells and whistles into that mode

Gameplay wise the fighters seem more loose and the stand up game does not feel stiff and robotic like it did in the first one, the ground game is gonna take some time to get the hang of, the controls feel more intuitive, i love KO mode its a good addition just for fun and good for casual players that may not understand the sport of MMA, I normally don't mess with career or ultimate team and the roster is far far more deeper then last year I would give this game a solid 8/10 aholbert did an excellent job in helping improve this game
Old 03-15-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Definitely not disappointed with my purchase. The vast amount of fighters give this title instant replayability. The event mode is something that can keep a person busy for HOURS on end.

The gameplay is FUN. Seriously just a fun game. If you play to your characters strengths, you'll have a good chance at winning. I feel like each character feels like their real life counterpart, it makes for some really intriguing matchups and fights.

The KO's are a thing of beauty. Putting a sick combination on someone, then dropping them with the hammer is a highly satisfying experience. The ground game is SO smooth. It's not too difficult to do takedown moves, and at times I felt like the ground game was a bit TOO easy, but the CPU and I both found success on the ground, it felt good.

If you're an MMA fan, get this game, if you're a UFC fan, get this game. If you just like to beat people up until someone is a bloody mess and falls down, get this game. It's fun as all hell.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Absolutely love it! Played all MMA games last gen and dare I say this one is my favorite!
You can play tactical with clinches and a solid ground game or just go up there and KO
Like fight night! By the way buy Tyson and if you don't have him, he brings a whole
new savage level of boxing into the game!
Old 03-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Dont forget grappling advantage. Punches break up any attempt to land big MT clinch knees and give you GA. After you punch, you will find it easier to transition out of the clinch or take them down from it. I prefer taking them down.

With that said, I think the devs are looking into the quick mt entry.
Thanks, Aholbert. I was able to get out of it the majority of the time, but a couple of the guys I fought got a quick knockdown that I think stole them a round.

In UFC 1 I was usually able to just punish it with strikes or deny it when I anticipated them trying to Thai clinch me. It just seems a lot harder to read this time around. I'll get it together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hard definitely plays way better then Pro. Which is weird considering Pro is the highest setting in the game. I noticed on Pro the AI basically just head hunts only and doesn't use their full move set at all. On hard the AI uses their full move set and mixes up their strikes and forms of attack. Hard difficulty was the only difficulty I had fights that made it passed the 1st round.

The negatives

1. I find the AI ability to block a knee to the stomach to be too good.

2. The AI is way too successful with single leg take downs.

3. I haven't played against enough AI yet, but it seems like the single leg take down is the only take down the AI does 99% of the time.

4. They nerfed leg kicks damage too much. I had a Crocop vs Bas Rutten 5 round fight. Many leg kicks were landed by both. No way should it have made it 4 rounds with nobody getting a leg kick TKO. Especially with the amount of visual leg bruising on both fighters legs.

5. The AI is too good at escaping submission attempts. Even when they are dead tired and you have more then half a bar of stamina.

6. I wish take downs and clinch transitions were instant. Don't like the whole holding of a stick delay to do a take down or transition in the clinch. It kills the realism and momentum way too much in the flow of the fight. Those 2 things should be strictly ratings and stamina based.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Is there a way i can tell what fighting style the fighter i pick uses? Like he or she a boxer, kickboxer, wrestler and so and so. I looked on the toggle stats and it doesn't say. Or is it some where else and i'm missing it?

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Good:
Roster size is good
Animations seem more fluid
UT is a very fun mode
Online the fighting is really good.

Bad:
The AI can't compete. In anything close to an evenly matched fight I can't lose to it on any difficulty setting. Kind of ruins the game for me until it's fixed because I like doing my spreadsheet-universe mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »