Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #17
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To be fair, MLB the Show is in its 10th year and NBA 2k is in its 16th. Its easy to have a fleshed out and deep career/franchise mode when a game has 10 or 16 versions before it. This is only the 2nd version of the game.
MLB the show been in the game longer than 2K. They just added the show after MLB in the 2000s
Old 03-18-2016, 02:07 AM   #18
Rookie

Hmm I just may pick this up for the PS4 ... but still not sure
Old 03-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
Pro

Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

Don't agree with review but glad some are getting enjoyment out of it.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 33
Event Mode is a nice feature. It's no Universe Mode & more could have been done with it but it's a good start. Well done for EA for trying to make the game more accessible. The nature of UFC makes designing a game around its complexities a real challenge but this does a descent job of it.
I'd like to see more variety in presentation. Big fights should feel big & undercard fights should conversely have less build up (i.e. No Bruce Buffer).
Old 03-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #21
Pro

1. Stamina still sucks
2. Punch Sponges
3. Flawed submission system
4. Bland presentation
5. Fighters are still too similar
6. Terrible career mode
7. Still can't really pounce with regularity when a fighter is hurt

I'm so glad I read reviews and not just look at scores. Because no way is this a 8 on OS review scale
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #22
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Review (PS4/XB1)

All I needed to hear was the offline career mode was pathetic to make this a no buy. But EA doesn't surprise me anymore, weak career/franchise modes have been a staple for 10 years in all sports franchises.
Only two more years until meh maybe its improved meh maybe not, just in time for PS5 talk rinse repeat..sigh.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:43 AM   #23
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Admittedly I haven't read this full review just yet. However, an 8? Really? I'd lean a little more towards IGN's 6.5 rating of this game.
While I loved the UFC games on previous gen systems, I was a little reluctant to buy the new version, simply because EA has ruined sports games for me in the past. I skipped their first run, but broke down and pre-ordered this one (thanks to the Amazon Prime discount). This weekend I was free and played it quite a bit. Visually it looks good (not as great as people are raving). I still find the characters cartoonish at times, the damage not at all realistic, and the animations are rigid at all times. Little things like the ref not diving in to break up a TKO (things that were there a generation) bug me. The same with not being able to attack an injured opponent. If you "stun" the opponent you are either left swinging at air b/c your character doesn't know the other person is hunched over, or you are somehow more drained than they are and have no energy to hit them.
The career mode is an absolute joke. Where the likes of 2K give us an entire world, back stories, endorsement deals, and contracts, this game has ummm.... well.... you get to create your fighter... so there's that. It takes WAY too long to get a title shot, and there is literally NOTHING additional to the mode. EA as usual is much more wrapped up in the additional revenue they can gain from card games.

I could go on, the game is average at its best, and a complete waste of money at its worst it is a complete waste of money. Much like my purchase of Madden this past year, I put in a few hours, it was ok, and now it will go into the closet likely to never come out again.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #24
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
To be fair, MLB the Show is in its 10th year and NBA 2k is in its 16th. Its easy to have a fleshed out and deep career/franchise mode when a game has 10 or 16 versions before it. This is only the 2nd version of the game.
To be fair, Madden is over 25 years old and has no career mode either... it is an EA thing. They only care about modes that make $$$$$

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »