Home

College Players Set to Get Their Share of a $60 Million Settlement with EA

This is a discussion on College Players Set to Get Their Share of a $60 Million Settlement with EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: College Players Set to Get Their Share of a $60 Million Settlement with EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Since EA lost their "exclusive" license for the game, my hope is that 2K or another company makes a college football game and that they have all the correct uniforms and stadiums for the teams, as well as playbooks and they know how to do simple math. Hmmm... a drive starts at my 20, I drive down and score a TD, that makes it an 80 yard drive, not a 74 yard drive.

I also wish the CPU would be mindful of things like clock management and this should be set to how long your quarters are. I am sick and tired of the CPU going on 13 play drives that cover 75 yards, and yet only taking 1:46 off the clock.

If a company could release a great, fully customizable game, then I would be all in.
I was thinking about this today, the idea of 2k taking a shot at college football.

2K blew madden out of the water, I can only imagine how much better their take on a CFB video game would be compared to EA. They always had more off field features to keep the game alive in comparison. I could see options for stadium/facility expansions and renovations, the return of discipline, etc etc.

Major Boise State fan
Old 03-18-2016, 05:50 AM   #10
MVP

I think it was quite selfish of the players to ruin a college football game for millions of people for friggin 1500 bucks.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #11
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I think it was quite selfish of the players to ruin a college football game for millions of people for friggin 1500 bucks.
It's not the player's fault, they should be compensated. It's not EA's fault, they are willing to compensate the players for their likenesses. The NCAA's ridiculousness is the real culprit. They allow this climate where schools, apparel companies, TV networks, and they themselves squeeze every dime they can out of these players w/o throwing anything back their way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
I agree 1000%........CFB was the one game i look forward to every year...I can only imagine what it would have been like on next gen...It is actually a very terrible/disgusting situation..
Old 03-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Since EA lost their "exclusive" license for the game, my hope is that 2K or another company makes a college football game and that they have all the correct uniforms and stadiums for the teams, as well as playbooks and they know how to do simple math. Hmmm... a drive starts at my 20, I drive down and score a TD, that makes it an 80 yard drive, not a 74 yard drive.

I also wish the CPU would be mindful of things like clock management and this should be set to how long your quarters are. I am sick and tired of the CPU going on 13 play drives that cover 75 yards, and yet only taking 1:46 off the clock.

If a company could release a great, fully customizable game, then I would be all in.
Problem is you will never have a fully customizable game because the same thing applies. Some will make a roster will real college rosters, create logos, etc.........and the game maker would be sued for licensing because they allowed those likenesses to be edited into the game. Until the NCAA comes up with a plan to pay the players the $1500 or so for likeness use (where it is a payment set aside until the player leaves school or whatever...), there will be no college games.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I was thinking about this today, the idea of 2k taking a shot at college football.

2K blew madden out of the water, I can only imagine how much better their take on a CFB video game would be compared to EA. They always had more off field features to keep the game alive in comparison. I could see options for stadium/facility expansions and renovations, the return of discipline, etc etc.
Um....2k had college football. It wasnt very good.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:07 PM   #15
Just started!

gotloud's Arena

I know a couple people happy to get this small check

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 11:49 PM   #16
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Nice payday for those lawyers.

Good grief....30% cut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »