Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown_13
Bet you play madden in August
lol, hadn't played Madden in 10 years, but for other reasons
Old 03-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It was a random animation. There were no fighters that had that celebration as their signature celebration. It was one of several random animations they gave for guys who dont have a signature animation.

Its not like there were Christian fighters in the game who had this as their only and signature animation and they removed it, you would have a point. But no one did. It was a randomly generated animation. Its not like they replaced it with a Muslim prayer animation.

They did the right thing by removing entirely. I dont play a MMA game to see religious symbolism. While there are millions of people who believe Christ is as you said "their lord and savior", there are millions who dont and dont care to see religious celebrations in the game.
I understand your point, and your angle, but for that particular Animation to be pinpointed just looks bad, there has been games in the past that have made changes, and the patch notes are so vague that you actually have to play the game to see what the changes were.

Still goes back to their slogan, don't matter if you bought your MMA to see the symbolism, in real life it exist.

EA SPORTs It Might be in the Game

I fixed it...
Old 03-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
You aren't understanding the point.... Khabib is a Muslim,they gave him a Christian celebration.He complained and rightfully so. Gotta make changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 12:14 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
I understand your point, and your angle, but for that particular Animation to be pinpointed just looks bad, there has been games in the past that have made changes, and the patch notes are so vague that you actually have to play the game to see what the changes were.

Still goes back to their slogan, don't matter if you bought your MMA to see the symbolism, in real life it exist.

EA SPORTs It Might be in the Game

I fixed it...
Again, Khabib tweeted about it. Several major MMA websites picked up the story. It was bad press for EA. It would be unbelievably stupid for them to be vague about this change given the negative attention this mistake made.

That slogan argument is lame. Nick Diaz flips off his opponent in damn near every fight but that isnt in the game. Why.....because that would be offensive to some people. Rashad Evans has grabbed his crotch in several fights but its not in the game. Why....because that would be offensive to some people.

Religious celebrations are no longer in the game. Why....because that would be offensive to some people.

I dont have an angle here. Im just shocked at how narrowminded some people are when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #13
Rookie

How the hell does it take an 800 mb patch or so just to fix this?
Old 03-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden
How the hell does it take an 800 mb patch or so just to fix this?
This is the real issue
Old 03-25-2016, 12:54 AM   #15
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Game Update 1.04 Removes Religious Victory Celebration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
You allowed your game to give glory to our Lord and Savior, and then you publicly take it out. Thank you EA for securing my stand on NEVER buying another game of yours, was honestly contemplating it.

You could have done this on the DL, but you decide to make it seem like a shame to be in your game...
I would love to discuss the first statement but I cannot due to the TOS.

As far as EA's actions here, they felt they misrepresented a fighter and wanted to address it. To present a (somewhat extreme) parallel, that's like if NBA2K16 had LeBron wearing UA sneakers...such action would likely provoke outrage from LeBron and others.

EA has a huge partnership with the athletes in these games, a partnership any developer strives to maintain in congruence with the affiliated professional sports league...being they felt they offended one of these athletes, doing it on the "DL" and privately would be the worst decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 01:09 AM   #16
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This is pretty dumb. It's like taking out a goal celebration smh. They could have just made the celebration unavailable to his player model and that's it. I would definitely use that celebration in the game for my character (wish I could do that in MLB after a home run).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »