Home

MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

For years, MLB The Show has been a series known for its incremental upgrades -- small changes that generally increase the overall quality of an already quality title. Whether improving the lighting engine or analog controls, these year-to-year improvements were well received, but not typically earth-shattering features. This "slow but steady" philosophy makes sense for a relatively small development team, but often left some users unimpressed. "Stale" was a common complaint, though one unattached from the general consensus that The Show was still one of the best sports games on the market.

After playing MLB The Show 16 for the last week, I’ll start with the obvious; it's still The Show. As usual, there is not one giant game-changing, "back of the box" upgrade that makes this year’s game feel like something brand new. Instead, the "small but meaningful" description I have used in the past to talk about The Show is still apt.

Before you check out and cast The Show 16 off as another collection of small tweaks, here’s the catch: The sheer amount of changes, whether under the hood, visual, or mode-related, collectively make this the most improved, and best, Show of this generation.

Read More - MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)
Platform: PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
At this stage there's an element of expectation outweighing appreciation. Review in a months time & this game will be a 9-9.5.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
No way it's a 9-9.5 if this game is reviewed in a month lol. 8-8.5 seems about right.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
Pro

I kno different games different ratings. But man UFC the same rating as MLB just feels wrong.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:21 PM   #5
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

Yes I agree with a 8.5. The game is consistent with the game play, its just some things are off for me.

For instance, the base-running thing in the top right is about 5x too big, and the quick counts box, stays on until the pitcher starts the windup, which i'm not sure if that is a bug or not, but it is quite annoying.

Again I only play offline so im just going with that, but game modes feel about the same for me, no big improvements, just small things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 07:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
It's a 9 now so I'm not sure what the issue is. The game plays well, it's not perfect but it's very good.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
No way it's a 9-9.5 if this game is reviewed in a month lol. 8-8.5 seems about right.
It's a 9 now imo....the show is so good it's a victim of it's success imo. A game like madden which is ten times worse reviews as well says it all.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #8
Rookie

All pitching grip is a terrible in the MLB The Show 16. why SDS change the pitching grip? I can't understand... serious frame rate, terrible pitching motion capture, boring sportscaster~ I honestly think 7.5.

MLB 15 The Show - KERSHAW

MLB 16 The Show - KERSHAW

Last edited by jw9036; 03-31-2016 at 09:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »