Home

MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #17
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3
I've only played a number of Play Now games with a variety teams and stadiums, I do this until rosters are ready because once I start my Franchise I only play with one team. I haven't had any frame rate issues, at least none that I've noticed. Is it strictly an online problem? I'm very happy with the game. Better lighting, better sounds and a better throwing meter. Plus the fish eye cam is a welcomed addition, it's really helping me on the one pitch I could never adjust to, the low change up. Is the game a MASSIVE improvement to '15? No. Could I be happy with just playing '15 for the next year? Yes. But to me the small improvements are worth $60 every year. This studio just gets it.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Also, when batting, no option to check the balls that were trown to you anymore. I think you could press left or right on de d-pad in MLB 15. Wonder why they took this out or am I missing something?
Press R2.

I believe you have to have Guess Pitch ON for this to work. If that doesn't work try pressing R3 which is what the command is when pitching.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #19
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

April Fools, everyone! The game is really a 10!!! Enjoy!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 46

agree on franchise thoughts.

next year presentation needs to be at the top of the list. its lagging WAY behind every other sports game ive played this gen.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
I was lucky and received The Show a week early. My initial rating was 9.44, but I tend to rate The Show .5 higher than OS. I love baseball and that may bias my opinion.

Everyone has 'hotspots' when rating a game. Stats, player models, presentation and giving an user a chance to see the entire play are big on my list for future improvements.
NAf, do you play any of the other modes? if so i have preorder bonus stuff from gstop i have no interest in using, since i am only a franchise man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 12:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Press R2.

I believe you have to have Guess Pitch ON for this to work. If that doesn't work try pressing R3 which is what the command is when pitching.
I believe he means gen you would press R2 and then press right on the dpad in The Show 15 it would display swing details on the lasr pitch thrown, like whether you were late or early etc. That feeture seems to have been taken out and you can only see the pitch spread when you press R2.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0
Biggest issue for me is that the pitchers still have the same robotic motions as every other version of The Show. I've been playing this game for the past ten years and it's still ridiculous that the motion capturing is so off. Some guys have nice fluid mechanics, but far too often you face guys with inaccurate hitches that make certain pitches just look awkward to face. In other games (sports and non-sports), the characters can move fluidly and accurately, but in The Show the pitchers just look awkward. I gave it a pass in the last gen because so many improvements were made in the graphics department and overall gameplay... But on this gen, I just expect more fluidness from the pitchers. If they kept previous versions of the game online, I'd probably just hold onto '15 and return '16 to save some money lol....
Old 04-01-2016, 12:55 PM   #24
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
I kno different games different ratings. But man UFC the same rating as MLB just feels wrong.
I agree 100%! Even if The Show were exactly the same as the 2015 version it is still a solid game at its core. EA UFC is a complete waste of time and money. I am a big fan of this site, but I refer to sites like IGN for ratings. Too inconsistent here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »