Home

MLB The Show 16 Servers Going Down in a Few Minutes For About 1 Hour

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Servers Going Down in a Few Minutes For About 1 Hour within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #17
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB The Show 16 Servers Going Down in a Few Minutes For About 1 Hour

Still just failed challenges over and over again in my online franchises...

Would be nice to play the game I paid $60 for at some point.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #18
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

OVR: 0

I was still having issues about an hour ago, when I was on last. Hopefully its better when I get on for a bit later.

I personally believe that this issue shouldn't fall squarely on San Diego Studios' shoulders. I believe this is more of a Sony Playstation issue. Its no secret that their online gaming infrastructure, as a whole, isn't the greatest or most stable thing ever. I have had my ongoing connectivity issues with it ever since I got my PS3 back in 2009 and now with the PS4 that I have had since 2013. Don't get me wrong, I love my Playstation products and have been a PS+ subscriber since 2010. But PSN has gone through some problems in the years that I have been a user. All I want is for my online experience on Playstation to get better. That goes double for MLB The Show, a game, in which half of the content is basically unplayable for a bulk of the day right now.

I love The Show and I am no stranger to its online issues in the past. Last year's entry ran extremely well for me online, I don't think I ran into one connectivity issue with MLB 15 and I thought that Sony finally nailed things down and fixed their network problems, but sadly, those issues are back and worse than ever this year, I've already lost a 20 pack bundle and the stubs I had put down for it because of these online problems...But, I blame myself for that one, I shouldn't have bought that bundle with the network as bogged down as it has been. lol But thank god that what I lost wasn't the stubs and packs that I got in my Digital Deluxe pre-order. Losing real money would have really hurt.

I just really hope that Sony and SDS are able to iron out these problems with the online side of the game and get it running as good as MLB 15 ran for me last year. I like MLB 16 and I REALLY want to love it, but with the online side as problematic as it is, its tough for me to fully enjoy my game experience.

Last edited by mpulse24; 04-07-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Uh oh, I just encountered a server error after I completed a head to head DD game...I seem to have received credit for the win, but still troubling to see.
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #20
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Servers seemed to be better after the reboot. Connecting to DD game with a friend is a different story.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2016, 11:58 AM   #21
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Seemed to run pretty smooth last night but I did play at midnight PST. Played & finished an online DD game with minor to no lag.

One thing I have noticed though for me, when I set up a game & I pick my stadium, say Toronto, I get alot of connection failed. But when I pick Baltimore, which is unlocked for everyone, I always connect to someone when I'm home team. It seems like it has a difficult time connecting to people that don't have the same stadiums unlocked. I don't know if it's been discussed before but thats just my experience.

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by myghty
But when I pick Baltimore, which is unlocked for everyone, I always connect to someone when I'm home team.
I was wondering about this too. However, I don't have Baltimore. I only have Arizona.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #23
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirminator
I was wondering about this too. However, I don't have Baltimore. I only have Arizona.
Really? I thought Baltimore was unlocked for everyone right out of the box?

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 04-08-2016, 05:33 PM   #24
Rookie

mortemessenger's Arena

Hello. I know this is not the thread but contacted OSFM multiple times with no answer. May I ask why I am not allowed to post a new thread? Keeps saying I'm not allowed. Does anyone know what the deal is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »