Home

The Jets Don't Yet Have a Starting QB...

This is a discussion on The Jets Don't Yet Have a Starting QB... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2016, 08:05 PM   #9
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Jets Don't Yet Have a Starting QB...

Let's not forget, geno earned the right to start prior to having his jaw busted. He had shown improvement.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

In my franchise,Fitzpatrick got injured in the second week and missed half the season.Geno would give you a good game then a bad one.When Fitz came back you could tell the difference.Their defense is good enough that you only need a steady qb like him.With Fitzpatrick you can churn out solid games with a controlled passing attack while Geno would even be good but get terribly erractic at times.If he throws a pick it's like his confidence drops.

I think they need a veteran qb with that roster so either resign Fitz or Josh McCown is probably the next best option.I'd dump Geno and draft a qb and let him sit a year.Petty isn't likely starter quality.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:47 AM   #11
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

If I were the Jets I honestly really only see two options that you can choose.

1.) If Paxton Lynch falls to you in the draft, you take him. You get a player that seems to have a decent amount of upside and you aren't hemorrhaging your future by selling the farm to get him (like the Rams and the Eagles). He will take time to develop but you can build around him while having players on the roster that will help build him with receivers like Marshall and Decker, a young TE in Amaro, and a solid defense. He won't have to make the team around him better, he just has to play at a level that can put the guys around him to use.

Or if Paxton doesn't fall to you in the Draft.

2.) You already drafted a QB last year in Bryce Petty. Yes it was in the 4th but you don't draft a player that you don't ever expect to contribute. He has had a year to learn the system and build a report with the other players. You start him and see if he is able fly or if he crashes. He doesn't necessarily need to have a winning season but as long as he shows potential in the way he plays then you have someone you can groom and again you have a team around him that can help carry him where he has weaknesses, as long as he has enough ability to get the ball to his playmakers.

Signing Fitzmagic again would be a mistake. I like the guy, he can certainly get the job done and has talent however signing him at this point just holds your team back. He is a temporary fix, he isn't getting you to the superbowl and he isn't going to fix the overall problem of a hole at the quarterback position when he leaves again. Putting your eggs in a basket that survives on one year "Prove it deals" won't make your team better in the long run.

If you take Paxton, you have someone who might have a rough first season or two but could possibly develop into a strong reliable QB. If you go with Petty you can see if he has the potential to take the reigns and be a solid block to continue building around, if he doesn't have that ability and has a terrible year 1.) You now know that neither Geno or him are starting material. 2.) You are in a more likely position to now draft a QB that can take the reigns.

That is what I would do. In madden replace Paxton with "insert random solid looking QB in the middle of the draft"

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »