Home

NHL 17 News Scheduled to Arrive on Tuesday, April 26

This is a discussion on NHL 17 News Scheduled to Arrive on Tuesday, April 26 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 11:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 17 News Scheduled to Arrive on Tuesday, April 26

• More than two PK lines. Seriously, has anyone on EA's team watched a single game of hockey in the past decade?
  • Fix line changes!!!! It takes excruciatingly long to complete a line change. Again, anyone who's ever watched a game of hockey knows line changes are quick, not the quagmire that EA portrays. Coupled with the 4 seconds of head up a** mode from the player coming on (which would make sense if too many men penalties were a thing) is completely unaware of the puck and will actively ignore it and the whole thing is just trash.
  • Defensive skill stick
  • Acquire puck button. Anything that lets me tell my player to move his stickblade 6 inches and acquire the puck rather than sweep it away or ignore it altogether. Make this also allow the user to attempt to glove down airborne pucks.
  • Revised manual passing. The current system absolutely sucks, you either have to hold the button entirely too long or your pass has absolutely no juice. Switch to the hard vs light press featured in literally every other sports game.
  • A stuff puck button. Nothing is more frustrating that having my players flail at loose pucks on the goal mouth when the net is open.
  • Roster sharing.
  • A menu system that doesn't require 20 button presses to make a single substitution. Do I need a separate menu screen to sub in this line only or in every line or would pressing X for one and Y for the other accomplish the exact same thing?
  • The ability to mute menu sounds (currently, you can only mute menu music).
  • AI teammates who play like they've played a single game of hockey before in their lives. I'm tired of seeing teammates ignore loose pucks, moving from being open to being covered in the offensive zone, etc.
  • Fix the fatigue system. For those familiar with depreciation concepts, the current system seems to follow a straight-line schedule whereas reality is better approximated by a hyperbolic schedule. This would reward quick, short 30 second shifts and penalize long shifts.
  • GM mode: in-season contract extensions
  • GM/Season mode: Live look-ins during games.
  • GM mode: bring back in-game stat keeping. Also, add milestone markers (i.e. some acknowledgement of season and career milestones).
  • A GM mode that doesn't actively take a step back every year.
  • GM mode: fix progression. It's simply inexcusable that for nearly the past decade, certain attributes don't increase (e.g. poise, face-offs) while others absolutely explode so that every player has insane speed and shooting ratings. A normal distribution would be a good starting point.
  • GM mode: Fix whatever algorithm is used to generate prospects. It makes no sense that certain abilities aren't more or less clustered or based around the existing player builds.
  • GM mode: a full control option. If a player wants to make obscene trades, let them. They're only cheating themselves. Also, it would allow users to undo trades that are absolutely mind-boggling.
  • Full slider control in offline modes. Why keep some sliders developer only?

But we'll see absolutely nothing of value and instead will get some garbage news about how they're going to monetize HUT even more.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #10
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Probably a cover athlete thing.
Old 04-23-2016, 01:14 AM   #11
Rookie

Seems a bit early for NHL news however they did say they started development a lot earlier on NHL 17 then they have passed years. However looks like a cover vote thing but I would love info with this as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 02:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Probably a cover athlete thing.
I would be surprised if it is not this nonsense.smh
Old 04-23-2016, 04:17 AM   #13
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

I want them to take a chance, i want something that actually resembles the game of hockey

I'm not being sarcastic. I want them to make some serious changes
Golden State Warriors
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #14
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
- Better franchise mode and playoff atmosphere

- Multiple player celebrations after a goal

- New end of game celebrations

- More stat overlays in game
Old 04-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #15
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

Bought NHL 15, skipped NHL 16. From all the negativity I am reading it sounds like I made the right choice

I just want improvements to focus on gameplay also.
Can someone tell me, how are the puck physics in this game?

A defensive skill stick wouldn't mean much without this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2016, 06:15 PM   #16
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

We all know the gameplay isn't going to be any better. I doubt there's much change to the game. I've had my hopes up every year and this year I don't expect much. The last three years I've been nothing but disappointed and let down.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »