Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

As we reported on just a bit ago, NBA Live is definitely not coming to consoles this fall -- and may be going through a complete overhaul according to a new message posted by Sean O'Brien on EA's website.

Quote:
Hey LIVE fans:

I want to share some important updates on what’s next for NBA LIVE and give you an overview of where we’re going with the franchise over the course of this year.

It’s important that you know that we are committed to NBA LIVE in the console space. While we won’t be shipping a product this Fall, we will be back on the courts with something new and exciting for you to experience in early 2017.

Our focus this year is to deliver an amazing, high-quality basketball game to a global audience. The best way to do that is through the fastest growing, largest, and most accessible gaming platform…mobile. As a team, we’re really excited about taking the franchise to new places with the worldwide release of our mobile game later this year.

More details to follow in the coming months!

Sean O’Brien
Executive Producer, NBA LIVE
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7
Steve_OS said it best, "Bring back NBA Street!"
Old 05-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow, no one saw this coming, and by no one I mean everyone.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #4
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Updates Fans on What Is Up With NBA Live

Pack it up boys, we're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't care about mobile games. It makes sense for them to not launch at the same time as NBA 2k. 2k owns the market. Probably better to launch at a time when people are getting bored with the current NBA 2k release. That is if they are truly still committed to the console game like they say. I doubt that though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11
I mean honestly and I'm not trying to dog on EA Sports (you know, don't wanna get banned), but at some point you just have to base your judgment and level of skepticism based on previous track record. It's all about that track record folks. No one put a gun to their head and told them to make really bad basketball games (Live 10 and Elite 11 I'm looking at you). Also no one put a gun to their head and told them to scrap a game, take multiple years off and talk a big game of promising that the time off was to make something truly amazing (...or at least worth a full 60.00), only for the next game to come out after the big speeches was another relative failure. I dont say "failure" but I say "relative failure" because had they just kept their mouth shut in the past, the backlash would have been so severe last time they pulled this stunt.

It's track record people. No one here is out to just see EA Sport's demise. Nor does anyone here want to see them fail. So when we read articles like this and hit them hard, we have a right to do so, we have a right to be skeptical, and we have a right to disagree with the fanboys and other people over hyping up the game because of their own relationship potentially with the publisher. At the end of the day, again, it's track record. You cannot deny it. It's there. It's forever written in the history of the interwebs. It's no different than being bad with your money and debt and having a 370 FICO score now. No bank want's to hear your story, or your sell job on what you're going to do now. They don't wanna hear it and you're not getting the benefit of the doubt simply because your track record is all on you as a game developer.

So he said they are giving it more development time... okay... last time you did this you had a whole two years... you talked it up.. and look what happened.

So he said we want to release our own basketball game in a different time of the year to shake things up. Hmmmm... basically what you're really saying is you don't feel as confident in your own game to compete with the 2k franchise. Think about it... the fact that you don't want to release your product at the same time, and around the time youve always released it until another company started doing it better really speaks volumes in the faith and confidence you have in your own product. It's like a group of kids that arent that good at basketball wanting to play a pick up game but when they get close to the court they see some really good players there, so they just wait for those kids to leave before you get on the court....

I'm not an EA Sports *****. I wish they would get their **** together to be honest. I WANT two GREAT games so I can choose. That's not been the case in years.... Track record. When it comes to Live your's isnt great and here you go again....
Old 05-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19
focusing on mobile, means more user friendly and less hard core sim. There is a market for that so in the end they may sell alot, but wont win any awards.

EA cant keep scrapping and restarting. That is not cost effective at all. LIve on console being a sim title IMO, is officially dead.

out of the big 4 major American sports, The one sim title per sport is officially here.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:30 PM   #8
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Wow, I've been a supporter of Live for a very long time. You pulled the crappie with NBA Elite and I let it slide then again with NBA Live 13 and now here we are with this mess.. I'm sorry EA but after three times I'm done. I've get PES for my soccer fix, other alternatives for my golf fix I guess I'll just need a substitute for my football and hockey fix. You also made my decision for me on not renewing my EA Access account with the piss poor effort you put into it this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »