Home

NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

This is a discussion on NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #9
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Updates Fans on What Is Up With NBA Live

Heartbroken. Whatever they're doing, it better be worth it.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #10
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live Will Ship on Consoles in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobile

The game hasn't really improved in ten years anyway. I'm very disappointed in EA; they cannot compete with 2k in the sim market. Re-evaluate the direction and give us a basketball alternative we can play in the near future. Basketball can be fun even if it isn't purely based around simulating the NBA. Just give us something that isn't broken, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2016, 07:16 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
If you make a game solely for profit you will always miss the point. Of course if you have an exclusive license success is rewarded almost by default. NBA isn't an EA exclusive & that is why they fail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #12
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
As previously stated, just bring back NBA Street. And NFL Street while their at it.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #13
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

Yep. Ok. i think its time

its been a privilege boys. i seen this show before

Last edited by Ownal0t; 05-10-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I mean honestly and I'm not trying to dog on EA Sports (you know, don't wanna get banned), but at some point you just have to base your judgment and level of skepticism based on previous track record. It's all about that track record folks. No one put a gun to their head and told them to make really bad basketball games (Live 10 and Elite 11 I'm looking at you). Also no one put a gun to their head and told them to scrap a game, take multiple years off and talk a big game of promising that the time off was to make something truly amazing (...or at least worth a full 60.00), only for the next game to come out after the big speeches was another relative failure. I dont say "failure" but I say "relative failure" because had they just kept their mouth shut in the past, the backlash would have been so severe last time they pulled this stunt.

It's track record people. No one here is out to just see EA Sport's demise. Nor does anyone here want to see them fail. So when we read articles like this and hit them hard, we have a right to do so, we have a right to be skeptical, and we have a right to disagree with the fanboys and other people over hyping up the game because of their own relationship potentially with the publisher. At the end of the day, again, it's track record. You cannot deny it. It's there. It's forever written in the history of the interwebs. It's no different than being bad with your money and debt and having a 370 FICO score now. No bank want's to hear your story, or your sell job on what you're going to do now. They don't wanna hear it and you're not getting the benefit of the doubt simply because your track record is all on you as a game developer.

So he said they are giving it more development time... okay... last time you did this you had a whole two years... you talked it up.. and look what happened.

So he said we want to release our own basketball game in a different time of the year to shake things up. Hmmmm... basically what you're really saying is you don't feel as confident in your own game to compete with the 2k franchise. Think about it... the fact that you don't want to release your product at the same time, and around the time youve always released it until another company started doing it better really speaks volumes in the faith and confidence you have in your own product. It's like a group of kids that arent that good at basketball wanting to play a pick up game but when they get close to the court they see some really good players there, so they just wait for those kids to leave before you get on the court....

I'm not an EA Sports *****. I wish they would get their **** together to be honest. I WANT two GREAT games so I can choose. That's not been the case in years.... Track record. When it comes to Live your's isnt great and here you go again....
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
This is horrible news. I hated live for a long time and I know I'm in the minority , but last years live was so close to being a great game. I really found myself playing it more and more and I was actually very excited for 17. The way that the announcement sounds sure seems like the white flag for consoles is coming out. God I hope they get something good out for consoles but this whole thing has that last year of mlb2k feel to it where basically a last ditch roster update money grab attempt happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #16
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: NBA Live Committed to Consoles - Shipping in 2017, But the Focus Will Be on Mobil

This has the whole NBA Elite 11 ring to it...

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »