Home

Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 03:45 AM   #9
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Screenshots and Information, Is Gronk the Cover Athlete?

Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

"The most balanced game play to date," and "innovative, authentic defensive AI system," are the 2 major things that have been missing in the Madden franchise. I just hope these improvements are not patched right out of the game.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:13 AM   #10
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginix
Really not a fan of those 'ball carrier feedback cues' though. Sounds like another QTE thing just like the different catch options. However, if we can disable it it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Yeah, 'ball carrier feedback cues' sounds horrible. Not like the game doesn't seem arcadey enough with the catch cues, jump snap cues, pass rush cues and XP pop-ups now they go and add some more. Hopefully they give us the option to turn each one on/off individually. And the options can be set universally in online franchises so all teams play with the same cues.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-12-2016, 05:13 AM   #11
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

Renewed focus on franchise and authentic defensive AI have me thoroughly excited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 05:13 AM   #12
Banned

Hopefully the defender fake out mechanic means jukes actually work this year, it was annoying so many people used the spin move for their primary juke move, and hopefully the stiff arm actually works this year.

The defensive AI system sounds good but will have to wait and see how it actually works in game-play. Best way to test this is run 4-Streaks four times in a row against the cpu.

The things I really want like rebuilt line-play, ball physics, realistic player movement, untethered animations, does not seem to be a focus this year, but hopefully they were worked on but just not back of box material. Also I notice other sports games like to mention how many new animations they've added each year, I can't remember the last time Madden did that.

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 05-12-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:14 AM   #13
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I posted this in the other thread a couple days ago but I don't if anybody saw it but it seems more relevant now. I figured it was just a place holder because it's the exact same cover they had last year for when it was Gronk vs. OBJ and I didn't believe they'd actually go with it.

Old 05-12-2016, 05:47 AM   #14
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team on both sides of the ball with all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden…ever.
I'm not sure what to think of this yet. It almost reads like they're trying to pawn off gameplay improvements as franchise improvements but I can't help but like that franchise is the first thing mentioned.

Ball carrier feedback cues sounds horrible on the surface especially with new fake out mechanics. I'm not really sure what to expect there but I'll be happy if it comes with better overall player movement and eliminates the ability to do crap like this:

Defensive AI sounds interesting but it's nothing we haven't heard before. By far what I'm most interested to see though. Anything that can make defenders unique and independent of each other as well as looking smart I'm all for.

As for the screenshots like someone else said it might be nitpicking but equipment is definitely not "on point." New gloves is all I see and they probably added new cleats. No mouthpiece for AB. Von Miller doesn't have the Speedflex. Gronk's facemask is still the wrong proportions. The lighting does look good and the Steelers jersey seems more black than grey and they definitely look good but the equipment seems like a big bummer just based on these two shots, hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #15
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

This is all sounds like good stuff, but I think we'll have to wait until we get to the deep dive releases before we hear our wishlist stuff being announced. As much as we are all interested in a full draft board, deeper contract negotiations, a waiver wire, and formation subs, they're not "back of the box" features that are going to help sell the game.

I'm expecting that we will see the "jazzy" stuff first. We just have to sit tight and accept that just because our pet projects don't appear in the first couple of reveals, it doesn't mean that there haven't been changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #16
Rookie

I don't think gronk on cover according to video on YouTube had von Miller Antonio brown nobody else
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »