Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16

If you haven't picked up a copy of Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, now might be a good time to get it. PlayStation 4 users can purchase and download a digital copy on the PlayStation Store for $15.99, while Xbox One Gold members can purchase it on the Xbox Store for $16. The sale ends on Monday, May 16.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, another game update arrived yesterday and it's also available in The Vault for EA Access subscribers.

Source - EA Sports
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
This is an incredible price for this game. Since launch they have added more courses and have improved the game play. If you don't have this for the PS4 or EA Access, this is a great opportunity to get a good golf game.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16

Hmm I'm very interested in this. Is it possible to join and play the tournaments with friends? Is there any progression, leveling or unlocks in multiplayer in general? Haven't bought an EA golf game since like TW2004.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

The progression, leveling and unlocking of items mostly takes place in single-player career mode. Some items are unlocked through playing Night Club Challenges, which are single player mini-games.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I been thinking about getting this game and $16 is a price that was just to good so I got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
The progression, leveling and unlocking of items mostly takes place in single-player career mode. Some items are unlocked through playing Night Club Challenges, which are single player mini-games.
Yep. And the lack of custom tournaments among friends is a huge disappointment. All you get are the daily and weekly online rounds (they are called tournaments, but are all just single rounds). You can view your score among your friends, if they play them.

The problem is, none of these have the hardest swing difficulty. Even Tour Pro is just normal. What would be nice is custom settings that a group all agree on. I really don't care where I rank among the world.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Absolute steal for $16. I bought it at full price at release, and after all the updates, it's worth the full price. That being said, $16 is a no-brainer purchase for anyone even remotely interested in golf.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:32 PM   #8
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Intrigued by the price, anyone have comparisons to The Golf Club? Likewise, what is the career mode like in this one? I've heard it is pretty shallow, just playing four rounds instead of one and not much else going on.

For reference, playing on licensed courses with real golfers doesn't really matter to me that much, so if that's the only appeal of the game, I suppose I should pass on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »