Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #9
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR on Sale For $16 Through May 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
Intrigued by the price, anyone have comparisons to The Golf Club? Likewise, what is the career mode like in this one? I've heard it is pretty shallow, just playing four rounds instead of one and not much else going on.

For reference, playing on licensed courses with real golfers doesn't really matter to me that much, so if that's the only appeal of the game, I suppose I should pass on it.
Career mode in RM is pretty bare bones. Character customization is basically just choosing from several options of faces, body types, etc. There is no GameFace, like in TW games of old.

There is equipment and apparel to unlock, but not a huge amount of it. I'm 3 years into my career, my character is maxed out at a 92 overall, and I've unlocked all items I can.

That said, the gameplay and presentation is good, so I keep playing it and enjoying it. They've added all the post-release courses into career mode, so there are now about 25 events in a season.

The game is worth it for $16, even with a career mode that could use a few updates.

To me, it's hard to compare RM to TGC. TGC doesn't have a career mode in the same way RM does. You have to join the TGC tours (more info can be found on that elsewhere in these forums) to play in that kind of scenario. I like the swing technique in RM more than I do in TGC, but I think there may be an update to that coming soon. Graphics are better in RM as well. The major appeal of TGC, obviously, is the sheer number of courses to play. I get enjoyment out of both games, but I play RM more than TGC.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 05-12-2016 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »