Home

The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here?

This is a discussion on The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #9
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I think Ingram is the better pic imo gotta feeling that Simmons is too big of a name for Philly to pass on. He's got great talent but I doubt his heart and killer instinct. Ingram is a poor man's Durant to me defends better and I feel has that drive and aggressiveness that turns a star into a superstar
Old 05-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The NBA Draft Lottery Is Done, Where Do Teams Go From Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How can be getting Ingram if he's going #1???
He's not, Simmons is going #1 guaranteed.

Brett Brown coached in Australia and is friends with Simmons' family, there is a connection there.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
He's not, Simmons is going #1 guaranteed.

Brett Brown coached in Australia and is friends with Simmons' family, there is a connection there.

Simmons seems to want to go to LA. So that might be a road block for Philly to overcome. He could very well force himself away from Philly and into LA's arms.

Porzingis basically boxed Philly out of taking him last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #12
Pro

From my favourite club perspective (Nets) we would prolly sign some euroleague high profile players, Prokhorov attended final four of EL @ Berlin so he could sign maybe Teodosic or Malcolm Delaney, also Anthony Randolph lifted his game bigtime in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 05-19-2016, 12:11 AM   #13
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Call me crazy, but Philly should take Kris Dunn with the #1 pick. I think he's the best player in the draft. He's a great talent, NBA ready and he has the disposition required to play there. I think Philadelphia would love him.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 05-19-2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Call me crazy, but Philly should take Kris Dunn with the #1 pick. I think he's the best player in the draft. He's a great talent, NBA ready and he has the disposition required to play there. I think Philadelphia would love him.
It'd make sense since they need guards, but that'd take some giant stones to pass on Ingram and Simmons.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
You're crazy. If they want Dunn that bad, they should move down to 4, and acquire assets for #1, in the process. They shouldn't just outright take Dunn 1. Boston, Phoenix and Minnesota may all have interest to get to 1 to select Simmons. Kris Dunn would be available at any one of those slots. Make those guys pay for the rights to get Simmons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #16
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyod21
You're crazy. If they want Dunn that bad, they should move down to 4, and acquire assets for #1, in the process. They shouldn't just outright take Dunn 1. Boston, Phoenix and Minnesota may all have interest to get to 1 to select Simmons. Kris Dunn would be available at any one of those slots. Make those guys pay for the rights to get Simmons.
Better idea and something I should've thought of, but I couldn't go any lower than Boston's pick. I'd rather deal with Phoenix, though. Would they give up Devin Booker and the #4 pick (maybe #13, too) to move up to #1?

I'd also like to add that I don't believe any of this is going to happen and that I don't covet Simmons or Ingram the way everyone else seems to. I believe they're more likely to be busts than stars. This draft has 2005 written all over it.

Last edited by TheVinylHippo; 05-19-2016 at 10:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »