Home

Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden 17 info from GameInformer

Quote:
The new kicking meter works like the traditional three-click golf swing. First button press starts the kick, second one sets the power, third one determines accuracy. Through this new meter, ratings for kickers and punters will matter more.
Yessssss. I hope button press means actual button press and not the RS method. If this is back to the old Xbox/PS2 era this is a major win.

Quote:
Kick block formations, like overloading one side or clogging the middle, have been added.
I wonder how these will work seeing as overloading is essentially illegal as is lining up over the long snapper. I'd imagine these plays will fit within the rules but specifically calling out those types of plays is odd.

Quote:
Despite these new special teams formations, the downfield blocking will largely be the same during returns.
Disappointing hopefully coverage is better on punts at least. Hopefully players on coverage release at the right times and the gunners don't get stonewalled at the line like they have been in recent Madden's.

Quote:
New kick types inlcude sky punts, backspin punts, and the return of onside aiming and squib kicks.
This is great. I was hoping so much for a mechanic like golf shots where you can essentially choose your shot type (kick type in this case). Hopefully backspin punts naturally result in less power and the AI will use these properly instead of kicking the ball 30 yards straight out of the end zone.

Quote:
Since there is no scripting for the path of the ball, it bounces differently after tips. EA made new animations for reacting to tips, attempted and successful fumble recoveries, and knee/ankle/sliding catches. Also, the player models can move their arms better to track the ball.
Another good add. The two other bullet points were good as well but this one stuck out to me. I remember in the E3 stream last year seeing the tipped ball and the DB catching it in such an unrealistic manner so hopefully this has been remedied as well as a couple of the WR/DB interactions where the ball got knocked loose and seemed so scripted.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Rex said helmets are included even though they weren't mentioned in brief sentence about equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #11
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Kicking is done with the A/X button on XB1/PS4 respectively. Timing for online games is done client side so there is NO LAG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

The issue with previous Madden's as it relates to the return game, was that the front four blockers consisted of defensive players who all had Impact Block ratings of "45", while most defenders (except 1 WR and FB) consisted of defensive players (LB and DB's) who had higher "Block Shed" ratings preventing the formation of any lanes happening due to the front blocking four very quickly being swim moved.

Hopefully this has been addressed in some fashion since blocking on returns will remain the same.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

Must admit, Im thrilled for M17! Now all I need to hear/read are the goods on CFM. Im expecting a good handful of improvements/additions. Better draft classes, draft boards, and exhibition games. And hopefully a way to finally undo roster dumps.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #14
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This suggests that receivers may no longer yank the ball through defenders and violate the laws of physics to catch a pass.

This is a promising development.

Very promising. Any addition to ball physics is a huge improvement in my opinion. Plus love hearing there will be variation of fumble recoveries and ways to make a catch after deflected passes.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

Last edited by Aggies7; 05-18-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #15
Pro

Lol I said I was 100% certain not buying madden 17. Why did I say that? lmao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Has Ball Physics, New Ways to Eliminate Money Plays & Much More

[quote]For years the ball would snap to a player's hand in a catch even though in the process the ball might be pulled through a defender. Now it will collide with body parts and be knocked out when appropriate.

Since the ball is reacting to more objects, there are more drops for receivers in traffic, and initiating a possession catch in traffic (and alternately not doing run-after-catch in traffic) is more important.

Since there is no scripting for the path of the ball, it bounces differently after tips. EA made new animations for reacting to tips, attempted and successful fumble recoveries, and knee/ankle/sliding catches. Also, the player models can move their arms better to track the ball.[\QUOTE]

This is awesome!! Again, we have to see it to believe it, but wow, yeah, this, to me, is HUGE!! Give me real ball physics, PLEASE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »