Home

NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competition within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:49 AM   #17
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Will be rooting for Throwdown on Xbox1. Played against them atleast 5 times and they were cheesing just like everyone else before the patch but after the patch they started spamming the pick and roll with shooters in corners and inside point guard.

Is this a win and move on bracket like nfl or will there be multiple game series.
Why would you root for them then?

I personally hope all these teams lose and no one wins just because of how stupid the qualifications were to make it this far, it took no actual basketball knowledge whatsoever.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #18
Pro

Re: NBA 2K16 Announces 2K StreamCast Feature For Road to the Finals eSports Competiti

To dominate in game like 2K16 against human opponents and i am talking about modes like MyPark, Pro-Am or just online head to heads you need ZERO basketball knowledge or skill. You only need to exploit certain areas of game, with that being said it's stupid thing to even organize eSports championship for such game.

Totally different thing is eSports tournaments in counter strike or starcraft where you actually need to think, have certain tactics and good reflexes (CS) and even though i don't play those games, tournaments makes sense because Koreans are really into that putting so much effort into strategy and execution of the same.

For this 2K sports championship is really a 'who can cheese better contest'.
When 2K becomes skill-based basketball game then we can talk about eSports championships & tournaments but until then is just who can cheese better and more successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

Last edited by SpeedyClaxton; 05-19-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Bro, you say a different version of that paragraph just about every day.....we got it.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Bro, you say a different version of that paragraph just about every day.....we got it.
So what, if people can create dozens of threads to ask for headbands, accessory colors & correct jersey collars i can ask for better gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 05-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
So what, if people can create dozens of threads to ask for headbands, accessory colors & correct jersey collars i can ask for better gameplay.
Those threads don't exist though.

It's spamming. It's not feedback at all, just paragraph after paragraph about how you feel about the game. There's a wishlist threads even threads at touch on specific things. You don't have to invade every thread with that same spiel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #22
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Cool that you can stream, but the whole thing still stinks.

I'd rather have smaller prizes with more accessibility to those of us that aren't bed-ridden 2k players to feel like we at least had a shot at something.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:

When 2K becomes skill-based basketball game then we can talk about eSports championships & tournaments but until then is just who can cheese better and more successful.
I'll be watching just to see what these players play like.

Anyone else wonder if these 2k patches were geared to help certain teams win over others? There could be a whole conspiracy goin down
Old 05-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
To dominate in game like 2K16 against human opponents and i am talking about modes like MyPark, Pro-Am or just online head to heads you need ZERO basketball knowledge or skill. You only need to exploit certain areas of game, with that being said it's stupid thing to even organize eSports championship for such game.

Totally different thing is eSports tournaments in counter strike or starcraft where you actually need to think, have certain tactics and good reflexes (CS) and even though i don't play those games, tournaments makes sense because Koreans are really into that putting so much effort into strategy and execution of the same.

One could easily argue that cheesing is a skill, even if it is one that should be minimized

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »