Home

NASCAR Heat Evolution Releases on September 13 For PC, Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat Evolution Releases on September 13 For PC, Xbox One & PS4 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OPDriver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NASCAR Heat Evolution Releases on September 13 For PC, Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Be optimistic and I'll just leave it at that.
As always.

2014 OSFC CHAMPION
Old 05-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #18
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0

As much as I want this to be great, I'm keeping my expectations low.

It needs to be at least as good as NASCAR 09 for me to buy. And 09 wasn't great, but it was playable.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #19
Rookie

radney's Arena

OVR: 0
It sounds to me like a lot of you guys here never played Dirt to Daytona from Monster Games. That was by far one of the best Nascar games ever on console. I'm going to say that they will come out of the gates swinging hard. They have to.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 PM   #20
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Be optimistic and I'll just leave it at that.
Ive learned to trust and respect you opinion around here on racing games, and with these guys in particular... but past efforts from these guys have left alot to be desired. While the games have been fun, they've really lacked any substance and depth, and well.... fun because the AI has been brutal.

For now, I'll take your word for it.

But really... these guys should have known better given their track record. Different name, different game title etc, etc may fool some, but for those of us into a nascar game that have played the past efforts they've been involved in, this marketing fluff piece... just doesn't cut it.

That being said, September is a long ways away. So they have time on their side. However, I just feel like a bigger bang to start the hype train off would have gone a long way for them. Not just a simple announcement, clearly driven by the marketing folks, with some cover driver fluff.

The casual fan may be into it already, but those of us who are hardcore into looking for a nascar game for xb1/ps4, this just... really means nothing at this point other than another game, by the same guys that disappointed us is coming.

I love Nascar, I love Nascar games. So, sorry for being negative on this, but they've just left alot to be desired, aside from a solid foundation that they just never fixed, or built on. Theyre going to have to prove it, and today's announcement proved nothing, other than something is coming. They should have known given the past, that those looking for a nascar game, needed more than that after what they have given.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:53 PM   #21
MVP

Cutter15's Arena

OVR: 8

Got it...can you stop now?
Kyle Busch #18
Atlanta Braves
Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #22
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Ive learned to trust and respect you opinion around here on racing games
There's ya problem
Old 05-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #23
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter15
Got it...can you stop now?
I assume you're referring to me, and that's fine. However, really... am I wrong? The foundation on the last games from the group that is now DMR was great, the game itself, on track, not so much, from rubber banding AI, to AI that wanted to drive through you, it just wasnt.... good. It was just... ok.

So now, lets yeah, affiliate with a former group that was good, resurrect some title names that were good, and all is good... No. Sorry. That's not going to cut it.

Let's see some substance. We've known for months now that something was coming... they've talked about it... so now, show it.

I want an awesome nascar game as bad as anyone. All I'm saying is, lets not get carried away yet because they brought back an old name.

As for bluengold34_OS's opinion on Nascar/racing games, my interpretation is he has some connections to these guys, so yeah, I take his word for it, and he seems to be looking for what I'm looking for in a Nascar game, so yeah... I may be cautiously optimistic, and reserved about this, but it doesnt mean I'm sitting her saying nevermind, it sucks, dont bother... I'm just saying, they've got alot to prove, and alot of work to do. I still play NTG15 on my original xbox. It's the only reason I still have it... but it leaves alot to be desired.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:27 AM   #24
MVP

Cutter15's Arena

OVR: 8

K, guess not.
Kyle Busch #18
Atlanta Braves
Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »