Home

PES 2017 Announced, Some New Features and Details Revealed

This is a discussion on PES 2017 Announced, Some New Features and Details Revealed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
PES 2017 Announced, Some New Features and Details Revealed

Konami has just announced PES 2017 and revealed some of the new features and details about the game. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Real Touch

See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.

Precise Pass

Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.

Goal Keeping

Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.

Total Team Control

Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.

Advanced Instructions

Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and Tight Marking which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in Advanced Instructions, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.

Corner Kick Strategies

Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or Man to Man. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.

Adaptive AI

For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behaviour has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.

Authentic Visuals

For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.

Natural Player Movement

Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn't stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: PES 2017 Announced, New Features and Details Revealed

All we need is a file sharing feature so the kits/emblems/etc. don't have to be completed manually.

Give me that, and I really don't even care if there are any changes to the game modes. Gameplay improvement and the ability to easily get all the real teams in the game and I'm a happy camper.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
Can't agree more. I'm hoping that comes up at some point. Hopefully a few of these things work as advertised. This game as a much more organic feel than FIFA will ever have.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Not many real details here, just refining details. PES is a decent game but it is way behind FIFA in presentation, attention to detail, and roster updates. Master League needs to be improved and editing is too limited and too time-consuming. You need to be able to import more kits and share files online.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:01 AM   #5
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
These are the loose ends they need to tidy up before I'll buy next year's game:

1) Goalkeepers- They are saying the right things about this, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they said the same thing last year and the keepers are still a joke.

2) Physicality/Fouls- Legacy issue here, HAS to be fixed. Not only do they miss too many fouls currently, but I've literally NEVER seen a red card in 8 months with the game.

3) CPU defensive AI- Far too much space currently, minimal build up play because the forwards are always off the races and the passing is too easy and accurate. Much it up a bit, I want to feel like I've accomplished something when I score, and I don't want to be forced into playing 10 minute games just to have realistic scores.

4) Better roster updates. This could be the most frustrating part for me, just because it reflects a lack of effort. I think they updated the rosters like 3 times all year. The transfers need to be updated within a few days, it only happens twice a year really, how hard can it be?

5) File sharing- Cmon!!!!!!

6) Sliders- No excuse to not have this.

7) Stadium creator- Had it in the past, WTF?

Honestly, the first 3 are the only absolute deal breakers for me. I just have zero fun playing the game right now because there are SOOOOOOO many goals, and most of them are so unworthy, just overpowered shooting and underpowered goalkeeping, with a dash of bad defending AI.

All that being said, much of what they're saying here sounds really good. Hopefully they are being truthful about it, I'm a bit skeptical given Konami's track record of post launch support.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Ironically, I was just searching about PES 2017 to see when they might drop some info. I remember that they began revealing features around this time last year.

The biggest items for me:

"Advanced Instructions
and
Corner Kick Strategies"

Aka team individuality. Your move FIFA.

But it's just simply false advertising that PES will be the first game to implement Adaptive AI, FIFA has had this for year.

All if this sounds pretty great if implemented correctly. But I likely won't drop a single cent if refs are still broken
Old 05-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
These are the loose ends they need to tidy up before I'll buy next year's game:

1) Goalkeepers- They are saying the right things about this, but I'll believe it when I see it, as they said the same thing last year and the keepers are still a joke.

2) Physicality/Fouls- Legacy issue here, HAS to be fixed. Not only do they miss too many fouls currently, but I've literally NEVER seen a red card in 8 months with the game.

3) CPU defensive AI- Far too much space currently, minimal build up play because the forwards are always off the races and the passing is too easy and accurate. Much it up a bit, I want to feel like I've accomplished something when I score, and I don't want to be forced into playing 10 minute games just to have realistic scores.

4) Better roster updates. This could be the most frustrating part for me, just because it reflects a lack of effort. I think they updated the rosters like 3 times all year. The transfers need to be updated within a few days, it only happens twice a year really, how hard can it be?

5) File sharing- Cmon!!!!!!

6) Sliders- No excuse to not have this.

7) Stadium creator- Had it in the past, WTF?

Honestly, the first 3 are the only absolute deal breakers for me. I just have zero fun playing the game right now because there are SOOOOOOO many goals, and most of them are so unworthy, just overpowered shooting and underpowered goalkeeping, with a dash of bad defending AI.

All that being said, much of what they're saying here sounds really good. Hopefully they are being truthful about it, I'm a bit skeptical given Konami's track record of post launch support.
Could not agree more, 2 and 3 are huge for me. But if they have really have approved adaptive AI and team instructions I am all in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
But it's just simply false advertising that PES will be the first game to implement Adaptive AI, FIFA has had this for year.
Not really, I wouldn't call what FIFA has is adaptive AI. If you are constantly attacking down the wings teams won't do anything to stop you in FIFA or adapt to any of your strategies.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 05-25-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:49 PM   #8

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The improved graphics and animations sounds great, but I'm not optimistic about the "advanced instructions" actually working the way they claim. My guess it will only have a slight effect on the gameplay. Even that would be a huge improvement over PES 2016. Which (btw) was supposed to have a deep level of player instructions and tactics too, but people had to edit individual players to get them to actually do what we want. Probably will be similar this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »