Home

Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #9
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements, Special Teams, Catch Outcomes & Ball Physics

I liked the zone blog but couldn't really understand it. The other blog was good as well. I like that the kickers rating will matter more now and it won't be an easy 3 points all the time. I also like that the one handed catches are now only going to be done by players that should be doing them and also if someone keeps throwing the ball deep and trying to do an aggressive catch their WR has more of a chance to get injured. The block punts/field goals are very welcomed and I like that only certain players will get a chance to block it. Still need to see how often one will get blocked though.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #10
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements, Special Teams, Catch Outcomes & Ball Physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I liked the zone blog but couldn't really understand it. The other blog was good as well. I like that the kickers rating will matter more now and it won't be an easy 3 points all the time. I also like that the one handed catches are now only going to be done by players that should be doing them and also if someone keeps throwing the ball deep and trying to do an aggressive catch their WR has more of a chance to get injured. The block punts/field goals are very welcomed and I like that only certain players will get a chance to block it. Still need to see how often one will get blocked though.
Real NFL stats are about 1 every 16 games or so for kicks, punts 1.5-2 per 16 games.

We shall see what the tuning winds up being.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:07 PM   #11
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I liked the zone blog but couldn't really understand it. The other blog was good as well. I like that the kickers rating will matter more now and it won't be an easy 3 points all the time. I also like that the one handed catches are now only going to be done by players that should be doing them and also if someone keeps throwing the ball deep and trying to do an aggressive catch their WR has more of a chance to get injured. The block punts/field goals are very welcomed and I like that only certain players will get a chance to block it.Still need to see how often one will get blocked though.
Yup this is my fear, I hope i don't see FG blocks every game. That would just kill it for me, but we all know someone will find some exploit online and be a block FG master which then gets posted to YouTube and everyone is blocking them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #12
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: New blogs on Zones and Special team, catch outcome and ball physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
Some quick thoughts on special teams-

1. The 3 click kick meter isn't new, it has been reinstated after being taken out of Madden a few years ago

2. Isn't the main special teams issu kick/punt return coverage? I haven't played the latest Madden but I know that seems to be the main special teams complaint that usually pops up with the game for a number of years running.
When was the last time Madden had a 3 click kicking meter? I think i'ts been a lot longer than a few years.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

CPU kick returners have been terrible for years. I hope that was fixed too. And we need separate special teams sliders in franchise. There is no excuse for not having had this by now.

Overall a good blog. I'm hoping the kicks are more challenging with sliders that work. Last year's accuracy slider was broken.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #14
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Re: New blogs on Zones and Special team, catch outcome and ball physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
When was the last time Madden had a 3 click kicking meter? I think i'ts been a lot longer than a few years.
Madden 10 or 11 I think
Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Seeing a lotta good stuff in this one.

The lighting in the Vikes-Hawks pic is nice. Now if ONLY we could get that kind of bright lighting for outdoor daytime lighting in this game!

My mind could be playing tricks on me, but the grass appears to have a more even tone.

Everything under "Multiplayer Catch Outcomes" sounds great. My only question is, was the warping-sliding-twisting-turning that happens during these catch animations addressed? If so, this will be perfect.

Under "1. Organic Knockouts and Tipped Balls" I see the updated helmet being worn by the Charger's player. I've been wanting that one for a while now.

Good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 10:15 PM   #16
MVP

Can we assign DB's to WR's now or is that not something they can talk about yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »