Home

Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Can we assign DB's to WR's now or is that not something they can talk about yet?
We cannot do it this year
Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 PM   #18
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 17 Special Teams, Pass Defense, Catch Outcomes, Ball Physics & Much Mo

Man oh man. I'm not usually really exited about a new Madden. I look forward to them but, not excited. I'm legitimately excited this year. They have added so much real football stuff. From strategy to gameplay. Just a lot of real football. This is the first Madden that I feel knowing real football will be a huge advantage over the cheeser. I hope I'm right about all.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New blogs on Zones and Special team, catch outcome and ball physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
When was the last time Madden had a 3 click kicking meter? I think i'ts been a lot longer than a few years.
Madden 11 had the weird bar along the bottom of the screen and then Madden 12 had a more classic Xbox/PS2 era looking kick meter but it was extremely slow and easy.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:26 PM   #20
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 17 Gameplay Improvements, Special Teams, Catch Outcomes & Ball Physics

Quote:
A huge legacy flaw in the Madden catch system is once a player has ‘matched a catch’ the ball will stay in the receiver’s hands regardless. With ball physics, if a defender collides with the ball during the catch animation, the ball has a chance to be organically knocked out. This also applies to hands and limbs. If they get an arm between the ball and the receiver, the WR will no longer be able to pull the ball through the defender. This is quite a game changer for catches in traffic, and strategic use of the possession catch is critical.
This game is going to play completely differently. This alone would change the passing game but with everything else that doesn't need quoting, wow. This is as close as we can expect to an overhaul in 1 year. I cannot wait to get my hands on it.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #21
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Man oh man. I'm not usually really exited about a new Madden. I look forward to them but, not excited. I'm legitimately excited this year. They have added so much real football stuff. From strategy to gameplay. Just a lot of real football. This is the first Madden that I feel knowing real football will be a huge advantage over the cheeser. I hope I'm right about all.
I enjoy the hype and speculation every year knowing the game will be "meh" but this year I'm actually starting to believe, of course we need to see 1) how everything works after the first patch and b) is AI any smarter both gameplay and roster management in cfm wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #22
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Re: New blogs on Zones and Special team, catch outcome and ball physics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
Some quick thoughts on special teams-

1. The 3 click kick meter isn't new, it has been reinstated after being taken out of Madden a few years ago

2. Isn't the main special teams issu kick/punt return coverage? I haven't played the latest Madden but I know that seems to be the main special teams complaint that usually pops up with the game for a number of years running.

True. I think madden 12 had it. Was it three clicks or 2? I can't remember
Old 05-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #23
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
The lighting in the Vikes-Hawks pic is nice. Now if ONLY we could get that kind of bright lighting for outdoor daytime lighting in this game!
Agreed. The lighting in that one pic looks great. The other pics the lighting looks more of the same as years past tho.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #24
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I enjoy the hype and speculation every year knowing the game will be "meh" but this year I'm actually starting to believe, of course we need to see 1) how everything works after the first patch and b) is AI any smarter both gameplay and roster management in cfm wise.

That's what is excited. All this gameplay stuff and we haven't even seen all the new CFM stuff. If it's really overhauled and deep like we have been told I may not leave the house for a month.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »