Home

Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - Ball Carrier Moves: Spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Not to rile things up, just keeping it real like I always do... but to be honest, we can find the OL doing this on All-Pro. I wanna believe it's just because it's on rookie but history tells us the OL will do this on all levels.

That being said, the move looks good. Much better than the one-size-fits-all spin that never looked good to begin with, and I've complained for years for them to address that. So definitely a good job of them looking into this one.

I'm just hoping to see an option to turn off all of the new indicators. To be even more serious, I wish they would allow me to turn off any and all indicators of everything one-by-one if I choose. There are lots of indicators I don't even use, like the fielding indicators for catching and returning, I don't need those, I can see where the ball is going, why can't I turn that off?

And what about the precision modifier/stamina indicator? Honestly, I've never paid attention to how it was going up or down and it's never had an effect on my play, so why can't I turn it off?

My things is, a number of us spent all of last generation complaining for them to understand that we want a cleaner screen, but there seems to be this desire from someplace within their team to where they just want to keep putting more junk on the screen. I say, put it there, no problem, clutter the screen until the players can barely be seen if you want, just make sure the people who don't want that have options to turn these things off. Don't force this stuff on us. I don't think that's asking for much.
Isn't all the newbie stuff, ie indicators and what not on in the lower levels and can be turned off in the upper levels except for tackle battle and the kicking meter? Heck, I know I could turn off all that stuff in 16.

Also, Grid, I'm being real here too. The ratings seem to matter this year for wr's and db's, and the zone matching patterns on defense. One can hold out hope that ratings matter for OL too, even though past history has proven otherwise.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Isn't all the newbie stuff, ie indicators and what not on in the lower levels and can be turned off in the upper levels except for tackle battle and the kicking meter? Heck, I know I could turn off all that stuff in 16.

Also, Grid, I'm being real here too. The ratings seem to matter this year for wr's and db's, and the zone matching patterns on defense. One can hold out hope that ratings matter for OL too, even though past history has proven otherwise.
Tackle Battle is said to be permanent, I'm not sure about the kicking meter, I didn't really look at that information as deeply. To me, the perfect setup for kicking would be All-Pro Football's setup. People playing on Rookie and Pro can screw with indicators, and the rest of us who know how to play the game can simply have an option to use proper stick skill without a bunch of indicators to make a kick, which by itself would set the difficulty to where it needs to be imo.

As for the OL AI, the way I see it is, unless they blog about it I have no reason to hope for an upgrade.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Madden NFL 17 Video - New Spin Move

Ugh. These are so brief, and continue to be on the easier difficulties. Why?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old 05-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

That foot plant and subsequent spin was a thing of beauty imo
Old 05-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0
At least they got rid of the high socks for the sideline players Spin move looks good. Glad to see it's not so fast like in previous years. Looks like locomotion has received an upgrade with players planting their feet on cuts & spins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #22
Rookie

Just an idea.You know the players having to slow down (stutter steps) before they perform a move such as a spin or juke can be remedied by holding the button for the move you want to perform while running, then having the move played out after the release of the button. So the runner shuffles his feet while button is being held then performs the move upon release with the defender knowing a move is about to be put on him but not being sure what the move would be. This could lead to a more realistic animation sequence.
That spin was nice though.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #23
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

This definitely wasn't what I was expecting when I thought of spin move. This is almost more of a cutback but it looks good nonetheless. I think the spin move I was more expecting was what will end up being the Speed modifier spin or essentially the classic open field Madden spin. The footplanting looks great for the ball carrier and if they have different outcomes where a better defender or higher difficulty results in the player getting wrapped up around the waist and other similar outcomes instead of faking out the defender, this can only get better.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #24
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
Nice spin move... but why does Minnesota #63 seem oblivious to GB #76 when the ball is snapped ?
Also, why does GB #58 seem to backtrack when the player with the ball executes the spin move ?
These facts have me concerned. Most everything else looked good; though Morgan Burnett is standing still (#42 Packers Safety)..This was also the case with the Safety in the "Juke" video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »