Home

Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2016, 05:18 PM   #9
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Additional Gameplay Improvements: Competitive Focus

Quote:
The biggest issue here was the defensive backs. They would unrealistically shoot in to blow up run plays. By making them more realistically able to read run vs. pass first, and improving open field blocking for the offensive line, this is the last defense you’ll want to be caught in against the run.
This caught my eye. Albeit it was the CPU player doing it, I have a clip of a play where the defense was in cover 3 and Chris Conte was the safety and as soon as the ball touches the QB's hands he comes crashing down like a heat seeking missile without even playing the pass. Seeing that type of reaction play out more realistically would be very nice for the run game. And open field blocking has always seemed a little odd in terms of what players do and it will probably remain that way but any improvement on that is a good thing.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #10
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

Anyone else notice how good that Vikings player's hair looks? Huge difference from past games and similar to The Show from that screenshot. This would be an awesome update to player likeness.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #11
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Anyone else notice how good that Vikings player's hair looks? Huge difference from past games and similar to The Show from that screenshot. This would be an awesome update to player likeness.
I think they definitely updated some of the hair styles. I noticed in the juke video one of the Saints players had a lot longer dreads than you'd see in M16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 02:13 AM   #12
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Sounds like the offensive line pass blocking and pass rushing didn't get a major overhaul just more logic tuning, bummer.
I don't mind logic tunning, I just need them to do what they are suppose to do and I will be happy.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:41 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

So route running still does not impact the actual routes run? Sad to hear.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:06 AM   #14
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Blog wouldn't pull up for me...

Was there anything about TE's vs LB's? The ability for TE's to run corners and posts all day vs MCV from a LB was too much in '16.

Has that been toned down? Can a LB actually stick with a TE?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-28-2016, 06:11 AM   #15
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

Was there anything about TE's vs LB's? The ability for TE's to run corners and posts all day vs MCV from a LB was too much in '16.

I was looking for this as well but they didn't mention anything about it at all. The only thing they really talked about in regards to man coverage was what was quoted in the OP, new win/loss logic in terms of press and then also with cuts as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2016, 08:38 AM   #16
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I was looking for this as well but they didn't mention anything about it at all. The only thing they really talked about in regards to man coverage was what was quoted in the OP, new win/loss logic in terms of press and then also with cuts as well.
Quote:
Also, just as you can use any route with a cut to beat man now, routes that seemed to get open more often before can easily get locked down. This places an emphasis on a player’s ability to quickly recognize if there’s enough space following the cut to zip the pass to their guy. The new man coverage system overall results in it being more balanced and true to ratings in Madden NFL 17.
Now this doesn't specifically talk about TE vs LB but this paragraph in general and especially the bolded section seems to imply that the old money routes aren't going to be automatic anymore.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »