Home

Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 17 Additional Gameplay Improvements: Competitive Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now this doesn't specifically talk about TE vs LB but this paragraph in general and especially the bolded section seems to imply that the old money routes aren't going to be automatic anymore.

Hopefully that's the case. I don't have a problem with it working once in a while but it was an inherent problem with the game last year. I remember going into practice on rookie with both pass coverage sliders at 100 and it would still get open nine out of ten times and the biggest issue was that there would be so much separation every time that WR/DB interactions didn't have a chance to take place. But it does sound like they've done a lot to improve AI especially on the defensive side of things it's just a matter of seeing it in gameplay now.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

Every one need to ask them moor questions about man coverage. Tweeting developers because the coverage blog is pretty plain. As a user who man 90% of time want to know that my man covering lb's will be successful against tight ends who isn't great at RR/route running.
Shading was hit or miss in 16 didn't register at times even with elite cover guys with quality PRC and AWR. average WR's with average RR still was able to break free on slants, drags, and corner routes.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 17 Improvements to Man/Zone Coverages, Stopping Scrambling QB's & More

It all is sounding great. Yay!

But I'm sorry folks, you have to balance it with...we have already heard this line from this company about this game, a couple of times now for some of us folks. Show me that it works.

Big question I have about this year's game...how does the physicality stack up to FIFA 16 PC? In that game...it really is ratings and size matters.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry
Old 05-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #20
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

He did mention that Z spot and Flood (maybe he meant Sail?) have counters now, which were two of the better plays involving a Corner route in my opinion. If what they're saying it true about every play concept having a counter in '17, it won't matter as much that corner routes are OP. But it'd still be nice to look at that route specifically and make it less effective in general.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 AM   #21
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I can't wait to try the Spy Crash feature. It sounds like a great addition for us "no switch" guys. There should be plenty of risk/reward by using that. I guessing I'll be too much of a chicken to use it unless my opponent is in the Red Zone.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 10:47 AM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I can't wait to try the Spy Crash feature. It sounds like a great addition for us "no switch" guys. There should be plenty of risk/reward by using that. I guessing I'll be too much of a chicken to use it unless my opponent is in the Red Zone.
It won't stop Cam.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #23
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
It won't stop Cam.
Unless it's Von Miller

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »