Home

NBA 2K17 Cover Athlete is Paul George (Standard Edition) Kobe Bryant (Legend Edition)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Cover Athlete is Paul George (Standard Edition) Kobe Bryant (Legend Edition) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #17
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K17 Cover Athlete is Paul George (Standard Edition) Kobe Bryant (Legend Edit

Granted it's just a cover and doesn't mean much, I'm definitely cool with PG being on the cover. Plus Curry being on it again would've been kinda bland.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #18
Rookie

twebb5896's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Cover Athlete is Paul George (Standard Edition) Kobe Bryant (Legend Edit

Fresno State baby! 559 Stand up!
Old 06-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #19
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Yesterday's picture showed 2 Kobe editions (legendary and legendary gold) is that still the case ?

If so, what's the difference ?

Ps: PG is nice......get off his back. It's nice to spread it around to different players/teams once and awhile.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #20
Rookie

I can already see another restricting myCareer experience coming where you only have the option to play for the US team...
Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #21
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damjan10
I can already see another restricting myCareer experience coming where you only have the option to play for the US team...
Oh the humanity!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2016, 12:14 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think Paul George is more than deserving of the cover. The man is a superstar and is elite at both end of the floor. He had one of the most horrific injuries a player could endure and comes back prolly better than he was before. He doesn't have a great team or teammates any longer like he did a few years ago when Lance Stephens was still there so they're not as relevant as a team overall but to say he doesn't deserve the cover....when Blake Griffin, James Harden, and Anthony Davis have been on the cover. PG is just as good if not better overall then all these players. I love Blake and he's improving still but defensively he's very avg. James Harden plays no defense whatsoever and is a volume shooter and scorer, nothing more/nothing less. Anthony Davis is a stud though and complete player and will most likely be a top 5 player for years to come barring any injuries.

With all that said....I'm a Lebron fan first and foremost so I'd be happy if LBJ would be coverboy every year lol.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #23
MVP

Number999's Arena

Think Paul George is worthy. Great player, and someone who we haven't seen.

and even if you hate him, there are some AMAZING custom cover creators here, sure they'd be happy to make one of a player of your choosing. With LeBron being on the cover for 2k14, someone made a dope Bosh 2k15 cover, and I went with Wade as a 2k16 cover.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 06-02-2016, 01:22 AM   #24
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Can't believe no one saw this coming. This dude has been a part of 2k's marketing for years and the cover for the MYNBA2k16 app only confirmed it for me. Of all the guys involved heavily with the marketing over the last several years, he was the only one not on a cover. Steph, AD, Harden, Rose, and KD all ended up on a cover. It was the only logical next step unless they pulled a 2k15 and gave Steph a solo cover. But even then KD had a year break before his solo cover came between 2k13 and 2k15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »