Home

FIFA 17 Ships Sept. 27, Powered by Frostbite - Watch the Reveal Trailer Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Ships Sept. 27, Powered by Frostbite - Watch the Reveal Trailer Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:14 PM   #9
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 17 Ships Sept. 27, Powered by Frostbite - Watch the Reveal Trailer Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by napecori
Did I see a manager featured in the game? Long, long overdue. Add the sideline to the experience!

Managers in the game? Cool, but do they bring their own specific philosophies to the game or is this just more FIFA gloss? Frostbite engine? Cool, but until this dev team changes their priorities from Ultimate Team to legitimate gameplay improvements this game will remain the same. Tough to be optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 17 Ships Sept. 27, Powered by Frostbite - Watch the Reveal Trailer Here

There's no way not to treat this as huge news, I reckon.

Hasn't it long been known that there are kernel issues with the Ignite engine that limited what devs could do?

Like, perhaps they can now more readily write different characteristics of the game based on dynamic user choices?

Totally wishful thinking.

As an aside, it might be because I took such a long break, but I've been really enjoying FIFA 16 again. As it has entered into its comfortable/predictable age since release, I am pretty happy with its nuances, however few there may be. hah.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #11
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I wonder if FIFA 16 was was essentially the second priority title last year (like the way you see a previous gen title in the debut year of a new gen) while the majority of the work was going into 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 06:18 PM   #12
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

New engine, new issues I'd assume. I'm not too confident in EA using Frostbite on this game. No matter if they use on other titles. Would take a lot for me to change me mind and not switch over to PES. 16' was sorta the last straw for me and the some ol' FIFA issues.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I wonder if FIFA 16 was was essentially the second priority title last year (like the way you see a previous gen title in the debut year of a new gen) while the majority of the work was going into 17.
I wouldn't doubt it. PES did it with PES 13. FIFA 16 has been the best, for me, that combined everything from FIFA 13 and on, just like PES 13 was the best of PES 2009 and on. So who knows.

Big news about Frostbite. Will this affect PC system requirements to get a jolt though? What about customization...oh to imagine FIFA without moddingway is like.....*shudders*.....
Old 06-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #14
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Hopefully this year isn't simply a new engine. I made the switch from FIFA to PES last year. Hopefully all teams don't play the same this year and 4th tier teams don't play as well teams like Arsenal or Man U. Despite its issues, teams play differently in PES. Gameplay variety is something EA struggles with across all products (NHL, Madden, FIFA).

It should be interesting to see who puts out the best game this year. FIFA will be best overall due to money, presentation, and licenses. However, I think PES will trump FIFA's gameplay on the pitch. Anyways, next week will be great as both should be revealed!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3
New engine means some things will no doubt be visually rough around the edges until future versions even them out. A lot of the textures in Rory look great but others need a lot of work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #16
Rookie

FIFA16 is the best footy game ever and Battlefront uses the Frostbite engine very, very well.

Here's to hoping the good times continue with FIFA17!

Please don't dumb down the inertia / player movement & gameplay, you finally got something half-way reality-based in FIFA 16...

Last edited by Joonlarjj; 06-06-2016 at 07:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »